Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog travels with me and he has his own seat belt. While he only weights 17 lbs he trips the warning placard for enabling or not enabling the cars seat belt and the air bags. I have no problem with being notified, but the warning placard in the main dashboard will not got off and it therefore hides the safety information in the middle of the dashboard. I have made three calls to Mercedes Benz and me connect (which candidly can't do anything for your during thee weekend, so why bother having it. But I digress) and they say they have never heard of the issue before and don't now how to remove the placard. Then yesterday, the tire pressure placard went to the same place and it wouldn't disappear either. One Me-connect guy suggested I put my dog in the back seat. So much for that helpful comment.

Anyone else having such a challenge? I just want the placards to disappear after a notice?

Thanks,

Steve H.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Safety critical placards will over ride all other displays. They also have an order of priority. Some messages you can shut off with the Enter button. Others you can't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Safety critical placards will over ride all other displays. They also have an order of priority. Some messages you can shut off with the Enter button. Others you can't.
Thank you. I just find it remarkable that mercedes benz has no idea what I am talking about. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2021 GLA45 AMG
4 Posts
Thank you. I just find it remarkable that mercedes benz has no idea what I am talking about. Thanks again.
In all fairness to Mercedes, maybe their engineers did not think about someone carrying a 17 pound dog in their front seat? I think they were more concerned with the safety of an actual occupant and not such a small one at that.

Might I recommend keeping your dog in a kennel in the rear of the vehicle. Dogs normally like kennels during travel as they feel safer. One time I had to bring my dog into the back of a pickup after a long ski trip and without a kennel, my poor pooch was scared to death the whole time, crawling all over me with his 55 pounds.

Just a suggestion but I cannot see it reasonable (or even "remarkable") that Mercedes Benz should know what you are talking about.

·
Super Moderator
851 Posts
There is a way to turn the front passenger airbag off that might turn off the seat belt light. Check your owner's manual on turning off the front passenger airbag. Look under the heading "Occupant Classification System operation (OCS)".
I have 2019 and it is on page 47. Look for the subject on a child in the front seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a way to turn the front passenger airbag off that might turn off the seat belt light. Check your owner's manual on turning off the front passenger airbag. Look under the heading "Occupant Classification System operation (OCS)".
I have 2019 and it is on page 47. Look for the subject on a child in the front seat.
Thank you so much, very helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In all fairness to Mercedes, maybe their engineers did not think about someone carrying a 17 pound dog in their front seat? I think they were more concerned with the safety of an actual occupant and not such a small one at that.

Might I recommend keeping your dog in a kennel in the rear of the vehicle. Dogs normally like kennels during travel as they feel safer. One time I had to bring my dog into the back of a pickup after a long ski trip and without a kennel, my poor pooch was scared to death the whole time, crawling all over me with his 55 pounds.

Just a suggestion but I cannot see it reasonable (or even "remarkable") that Mercedes Benz should know what you are talking about.
Thank you for your review and suggestion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts