Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many I was excited to own a new MB! I currently have 8k on the car. At about 3k the pulleys started to squeal like an 83 Chevy I owned. After 3 service appointments at the dealer in Warwick Ri, they applied belt dressing, put on a new belt, then finally told me I was out of luck and nothing could be done about it! I was told not to confuse the GLA with the E class! Wish that was on the brochure. I have cataloged several videos of this noise and contacted MB North America with the same “can’t help you” results. Not what I expected from MB and should have stuck with Audi. This loud pulley belt noise is very annoying and to be honest, embarrassing.
anyone else dealing with this?

·
Super Moderator
895 Posts
I am flabbergasted each time I read that USA dealerships actually cite that the GLA is essentially a lower-end vehicle and therefore one must endure issues!

As we know the GLA was first produced to attract new/younger buyers as an introduction to the brand and having such issues to the contrary makes a very bad first impression. And again for the dealerships to decry the GLA as "not an E class" just makes an even worse impression. Since intro the GLA has sold very well in the USA to retirees/downsizers so to also make a bad impression with this "baby boomer" group is a poor business practice. Fortunately both of our MY2018 GLA CUV's (vs. present SUV) have been very good. I hope they didn't further "value engineer" the MY2020+.

Alas it appears MB North America is just a front for the dealerships and not a representative of the home office. 😒 It would appear your only recourse is to now contact MB in Germany, although doubtful they will counter MBNA, but still worth a letter.

btw: Audi is not necessarily better in this regard as I've heard/read similar when discussing their A3 series vehicles (a dozen years with Audi myself, albeit A4/5 series).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Video? Not saying I don’t believe you but it’s strange nothing can be done about it especially being a brand new 2022
Here’s one of many videos I’ve taken since I’ve owned the car. Agreed it’s hard to believe the flat out told me it can’t be fixed!
2021 GLA250 Pully Noise Issue
Like many I was excited to own a new MB! I currently have 8k on the car. At about 3k the pulleys started to squeal like an 83 Chevy I owned. After 3 service appointments at the dealer in Warwick Ri, they applied belt dressing, put on a new belt, then finally told me I was out of luck and nothing could be done about it! I was told not to confuse the GLA with the E class! Wish that was on the brochure. I have cataloged several videos of this noise and contacted MB North America with the same “can’t help you” results. Not what I expected from MB and should have stuck with Audi. This loud pulley belt noise is very annoying and to be honest, embarrassing.
anyone else dealing with this?
2021 GLA250 Pully Noise Issue

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts