Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Atlanta, Ga. I am the owner of a 2021 GLA 250. Used. I am having issues with fan noise when my AC is on high. Also, the cell phone port that connects Android Auto stopped working after one week. The MB dealership is giving me a hard time with replacing the port. I've had my car for about 6 weeks now. Has anyone else had their port to stop working? If so, what did you do to fix the issue? The other two ports work in the car as far as charging my phone. My phone is a Samsung S22, new.

Thank you.
MM

·
Super Moderator
2,144 Posts
AA can be flaky. Problems generally go back to settings on your phone.

When we picked our car up in Sindelfingen (Euro Delivery) the two instructors that handed the car over required three different phones before they could get a connection. Later that night I spent a while getting my phone to interface. Then a few days later I had to do the same.

Over time I realized that various things (like pushed software updates or low battery status) can turn off the enabling required for AA connection.

But AA for me was only Waze. And in long trips AA would glitch making Waze useless unless I rebooted my phone and reset my destination. This was more than I wanted to do while driving. So I gave up.

FWIW, most dealers don't want to touch interfaces that go beyond the factory control. AA goes beyond.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AA can be flaky. Problems generally go back to settings on your phone.

When we picked our car up in Sindelfingen (Euro Delivery) the two instructors that handed the car over required three different phones before they could get a connection. Later that night I spent a while getting my phone to interface. Then a few days later I had to do the same.

Over time I realized that various things (like pushed software updates or low battery status) can turn off the enabling required for AA connection.

But AA for me was only Waze. And in long trips AA would glitch making Waze useless unless I rebooted my phone and reset my destination. This was more than I wanted to do while driving. So I gave up.

FWIW, most dealers don't want to touch interfaces that go beyond the factory control. AA goes beyond.
Thank you so much for your reply. I will see what happens when I pick my GLA up tomorrow. I will keep you posted. WIsh me luck.

·
Super Moderator
967 Posts
It's the same with Apple CarPlay. Benz has to select components and interfaces well ahead of a model year's intro but of course Apple continues to push iOS updates (such as the one I'm doing at the moment). Sometimes these updates fix intended issues but break others that were prior working fine.

There is also A/C system noise discussion elsewhere that may interest you.

All the best with your new to you GLA!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the same with Apple CarPlay. Benz has to select components and interfaces well ahead of a model year's intro but of course Apple continues to push iOS updates (such as the one I'm doing at the moment). Sometimes these updates fix intended issues but break others that were prior working fine.

There is also A/C system noise discussion elsewhere that may interest you.

All the best with your new to you GLA!
Thank you so much for your reply. I had a 2017 GLA basic model before this 2021 and I loved that car although it did not have ANY upgrades. I will keep you posted on what the dealership tells me today. The dealership cleaned my air filter and will replace it at my next required service. I figured I'm the person that's testting the first year of the redesigned model GLA. I'm not a fan of being in the test group. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news and bad news. Good news the dealership fixed my android auto issue. Bad news the fan is louder than when I took it in. They claim they fixed the fan problem but it's not fixed.
I left the GLA with the dealership to fix the fan noise. Yall the fan is loud on level 5. You can hear it outside the car loud! They stated they removed the blower motor, checked for debris then replaced it. It's unacceptable loud.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: The dealership fixed the AC loud motor. The invoice states they cleaned the motor and air filter. It was a long process because they did not want to do it when I took it on Thursday. It's been an adventure but now it's quiet and I'm not ashamed to have my AC on high with someone riding in my GLA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts