Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is hard to describe, but my 2019 gla250 driver door sometimes makes a very distinctive sound when closing the driver door from the outside that sounds like something just is not right, maybe door alignment. It doesn't do this all the time. Anyone have similar experience. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is hard to describe, but my 2019 gla250 driver door sometimes makes a very distinctive sound when closing the driver door from the outside that sounds like something just is not right, maybe door alignment. It doesn't do this all the time. Anyone have similar experience. Thank you in advance.
I had similar experience and I just adjusted the basically looks like a piece of metal that is shaped in a 'U' that the door latch attaches to there's two screws that hold it in you loosen them and you can vertically and horizontally adjust that and by doing so you will adjust the door closure it will take a little bit of trial and error but should be fairly easy to accomplish another thing you should look at it as if you are windows are going down a small portion when opening and shutting doors if they are not there is too much air pressure and it will not let it close properly are you getting any wind noise or anything like that I doubt it's actually the door hinges themselves they are made so well that a full-size adult can actually hang from the door when it's open and not bend those hinges if the door is shot the seams should be even with the rear door seam and the Gap should be equal from top to bottom if they are not something's out of alignment and I believe they only covered those type of fit and finish items for 12 months or 12,000 miles and it's almost impossible for them to Goodwill stuff especially if it is operator error Mercedes-Benz makes them return failed components so they can tear them apart and inspect them if they find out its customers fault they make the dealer pay I also had some terrible wind noise coming in and if you notice on the door seals when you get in and out of the vehicle especially on the driver side just about everybody tends to rub against that seal it's a design flaw and you can end up with small Cuts or cracks in it which create tremendous wind noise as well I had all mine replaced they replaced them under warranty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts