Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very impressed with the 39.8 mpg on a recent 419 mile mostly highway run between Ohio and NJ using shell v power 93 octane gasoline. While the average speed was 58 most of the highway run was at 70mph in C mode. My 2019 GLA 250 is one of the less common 2 wd. A little concerned about the analog water temperature fluctuations between the 7 and 11 gauge tick marks though. Curious what others are seeing.

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
Excellent fuel efficiency!

That's a normal operational coolant temperature range and others have had some anxiety with same. Not sure why Benz set their very analog readout as such. A mid-sweep gauge representing normalcy would have been less concerning for most.

·
Registered
162 Posts
As Huey said, water temp is fine. I have a 45 with the AMG screen that has digital read-outs and am on that screen 95% of my driving time.. I see 180-199*F as normal. The fluctuation in my experience is most noticeable at highway speeds and then doing a pull. Off the highway it’s pretty **** stable at 199*F. I’ve had two of them and they both acted the same way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent fuel efficiency!

That's a normal operational coolant temperature range and others have had some anxiety with same. Not sure why Benz set their very analog readout as such. A mid-sweep gauge representing normalcy would have been less concerning for most.
Thank you for your always spot on replies!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As Huey said, water temp is fine. I have a 45 with the AMG screen that has digital read-outs and am on that screen 95% of my driving time.. I see 180-199*F as normal. The fluctuation in my experience is most noticeable at highway speeds and then doing a pull. Off the highway it’s pretty **** stable at 199*F. I’ve had two of them and they both acted the same way.
Thank you for your reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts