Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently got wider tires and spacers on my wife's GLA45. I started with OEM contis 235/40/20 and 15mm in the rear and 18mm in the front. She needed new tires so I got her 245/40/20 Michelin A/S 3+ and bumped the front spacers down to 15mm.

Rears rub slightly on full compression with the 245/40 and 15mm spacer. They rub on the under inside of the grey fender flare which doesn't bother her all that much. Tires have a slightly taller sidewall and help to fill out the wheel wells and the A/Ss offer a much smoother ride than the Contis. They seem to do great in all conditions and no more skidding at full lock with the stock tires.

Went with H&R DR spacers 15mm from ECS part: 3655665SW:

Got some 64mm bolts from Amazon that fit both 15/18mm spacers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R9WYN93/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I actually bought 69mm as well but didn't end up using them as the 64mm ones worked fine for both. With stock tires sizes the 18/15 looked better but again with wider tires don't need such wide spacers.

· Registered
MY18 GLA 220d, MY 18 GLA 250 4matic edition 1.
201 Posts
I recently got wider tires and spacers on my wife's GLA45. I started with OEM contis 235/40/20 and 15mm in the rear and 18mm in the front. She needed new tires so I got her 245/40/20 Michelin A/S 3+ and bumped the front spacers down to 15mm.

Rears rub slightly on full compression with the 245/40 and 15mm spacer. They rub on the under inside of the grey fender flare which doesn't bother her all that much. Tires have a slightly taller sidewall and help to fill out the wheel wells and the A/Ss offer a much smoother ride than the Contis. They seem to do great in all conditions and no more skidding at full lock with the stock tires.

Went with H&R DR spacers 15mm from ECS part: 3655665SW:

Got some 64mm bolts from Amazon that fit both 15/18mm spacers: Amazon.com

I actually bought 69mm as well but didn't end up using them as the 64mm ones worked fine for both. With stock tires sizes the 18/15 looked better but again with wider tires don't need such wide spacers.

You have 20" rims, what width are they and what offset?

· Registered
314 Posts
Not sure the spacer is needed, which would stop your rub. I run stock 19" AMG wheels, 245/45/19 and no rub. What is your spec on your tire height, it can't be any taller than mine?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For sure don’t need a spacer but I like wheels to be flush with the fenders on all my cars. They will clear without a spacer. A little rub is ok with me (wife too). 19 is a shorter wheel but a 45 is taller so who knows. All I know is there us less wheel gap with a 240/40 vs 235/40.

· Registered
15 Posts
Not sure the spacer is needed, which would stop your rub. I run stock 19" AMG wheels, 245/45/19 and no rub. What is your spec on your tire height, it can't be any taller than mine?
I just got the 245/45/19 tires installed yesterday and found they do rub under specific circumstances. For example, the front will rub when I am turning and going up a ramp. I need to reduce my speed more before I turn into a ramp to avoid the rub. It should be fine on a daily usage, but I would worry since I do take the car to the racetrack (I don't feel confident to take the curb anymore)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts