Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have an ongoing issue with my 2018 GLA 200 Diesel AMG Line (manual). It started around 6 months after owning the car.

When the engine is warm and under hard acceleration, say when overtaking on a motorway or dual carriageway, I get a kind of wierd 'turbo lag' sensation. The acceleration stops dead and the rev counter judders for a few secons at around 2000 RPM before suddenly springing back into life and accelerating away, although it can do this multiple times causing a lengthy delay to an overtake and infuriating any driver behind me. This happens specifically under hard acceleration in any gear, but mainly high speed overtaking in 4th to 6th gear. The only way around is to ease off, and then accelerate more gentely by feathering the accelerator softly. As you can imagine, this can be quite dangerous when commiting to an overtake only to have no power to accelerate.

I took it to the MB dealer. They found a fault code that related to the Diesel Particulate filter. The fault was reset and the DPF was regenerated. Trouble is the fault still remains and seems to be getting more frequent. I returned the car to the dealer and gave them a lengthy explination of the fault, the car wasn't showing any fault code. They kept the car for over a week and test drove it numerous times, but say they were unable to replicate the fault and I was sent on my way.

I am not imagining this, there is very much a fault. Can anyone advise on what this could be as the cars becoming undrivable?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ve a very similar issue with a 2018 gla 200d, non amg model, that has done 14k miles. In 4th, 5th and 6th gear if you try to apply hard acceleration, there is a delay, then the Rev counter shoots up as acceleration kicks in, then drops, and repeats several times. Not taken to dealer yet, but hoping it’s not clutch, as experienced similar effect in the past with a Peugeot 3008 that had only done 12k miles. Was a new clutch......

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem same car, year, etc, only automatic. 6 months Mercedes kept my car, they cave me a new one. Maybe you can ask if your dealer may view this file

1 - 3 of 3 Posts