Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MY18 GLA 220d, MY 18 GLA 250 4matic edition 1.
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's early days yet but can anybody help me with a part number for new facelift model foglights in the pic below.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just a caution: I tried to add OEM fog lights after the fact once on a car (A Toyota not a MB) and it was a nightmare. It required changing wire harnesses and relays and even disassembling and rebuilding the steering column. What was a $120 option on the sticker was approaching $1000 to do afterwards. You risk throwing service errors or melting wire harnesses if you do it incorrectly.

·
Registered
MY18 GLA 220d, MY 18 GLA 250 4matic edition 1.
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a caution: I tried to add OEM fog lights after the fact once on a car (A Toyota not a MB) and it was a nightmare. It required changing wire harnesses and relays and even disassembling and rebuilding the steering column. What was a $120 option on the sticker was approaching $1000 to do afterwards. You risk throwing service errors or melting wire harnesses if you do it incorrectly.
Understand all that but I am assuming that the harness is there for the lights and it will be PnP and then get them activated. But until I get the car I won't know. Shall keep peeps up to date.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know it's early days yet, but anybody can help me with a part number for the new facelift model foglights in the picture below.
I am looking for that part number. It's really difficult as all diagrams refer to pre-facelift!

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
The "fog lamp assembly bracket" is the plastic around it in terms of the front bumper.

The assembly itself is the plastic around it from the LED bulb's perspective.

Or perhaps you're referring to the semi-cone shaped portion of the lower valence within which it resides? See "Center Cover" piece #7 : Bumper & Components - Front for 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 | MB Online Parts
btw: it appears from the "discontinued" in the parts list that at one time the surround was a discrete valance piece but now fully molded-in.

Thanks ! i think i meant to say the plastic around it

·
Registered
136 Posts
The "fog lamp assembly bracket" is the plastic around it in terms of the front bumper.

The assembly itself is the plastic around it from the LED bulb's perspective.

Or perhaps you're referring to the semi-cone shaped portion of the lower valence within which it resides? See "Center Cover" piece #7 : Bumper & Components - Front for 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 | MB Online Parts
btw: it appears from the "discontinued" in the parts list that at one time the surround was a discrete valance piece but now fully molded-in.
Understand all that but I am assuming that the harness is there for the lights and it will be PnP and then get them activated. But until I get the car I won't know. Shall keep peeps up to date.:)
Here is a way to check you assumption:
For your fog lights to work as OEM, you lights switch needs to support this feature, from a mechanical (non software engineering) standpoint.

so, with the engine on and the headlights on low beam, try to pull on the rotary knob.
one step is the rear fog lights, the second is the front ones.
if your switch doesn’t feature two pulling steps
-you need a switch
-your provision is most likely not there.

the real way to justify what you assumed is the accounting way:
It is cheaper to build all harnesses the same way, unless you have a minimum number of units, the unit price goes up.
However, in this case you have all the AMG cars that have no front fog lights….

1 - 8 of 8 Posts