Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Ordered our 2017 GLA45 in April, just after the first DOG came out. USA order.

Just got final pricing on all options yesterday.

Order is still green on the computer (accepted). Next step is yellow (about to lock), then red (locked), followed by white (built). I may have misrepresented the colors a month ago.

Build is scheduled for the first half of August.

We're scheduled for a late August pick up in Stuttgart.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Stuttgart or Sindelfingen? Both places quite nice, Sindelfingen a little easier to get to.

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Stuttgart, to my understanding.

I am told we will get a special factory tour including the AMG section, as well as the museum.

We will visit the on-site store to pick up the rear cargo tray (A156 814 0041) that can't be added to the order beforehand as well as detailer (can't pack in the luggage), spare oil (my itinerary calls for about 7K miles, although I suspect Pam's views may be different), fire extinguisher, and other items.

I plan on opening a post for pictures and details as things progress.

If I'm wrong about the pick up point, I will let you know. This is our first Benz, so there is a lot that I could be wrong about!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sindelfingen is really a suburb of Stuttgart, but it's where the factory and the museum are, I think. It's a beautiful part of the world at the end of August. Love to see the pics. They drive on the right side of the road there, but speak German, whereas they drive on the left side of the road in England and speak English. If only there was a country where they drove on the right side and and spoke English. They could call it the USA. lol

·
Registered
608 Posts
It would be just my luck to drive in Canada on the right hand side of the road in my GLA going 150 kph and get stopped by a French highway patrol man. Deepest apologies to my Canadian brothers and sisters for any affront.

Reactions: turbolink

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ordered our 2017 GLA45 in April, just after the first DOG came out. USA order.

Just got final pricing on all options yesterday.

Order is still green on the computer (accepted). Next step is yellow (about to lock), then red (locked), followed by white (built). I may have misrepresented the colors a month ago.

Build is scheduled for the first half of August.

We're scheduled for a late August pick up in Stuttgart.
Is there a website to check the order with green, yellow, and white?

How to check it?

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
The order status is in my dealer's computer. They check it only if I ask them to. I figure it is a good idea to do this as well as verify the order itself.

I found an omission in ours yesterday. Pam wanted corner distance sensors which implies Parktronic with Park Assist. This was missing. It was there before.

I've also opted to add Rear Lower Air Bags so that I don't have to worry about Pam worrying when she has the grandkids with her.

I'll attach the order sheets below, but since they are being resized I'm not sure if they will be complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ordered a South Seas Blue with Black/Beige two tone interior. The placement was "confirmed" today (whatever that means). No official pricing in Canada yet.

I would detail the options but it seems like the packages are all different around the world so I'll ask my service consultant for the order sheet.

The plan is for the vehicle to be delivered later November to early December. Here's hoping for a problem free production and delivery!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
will your dealer keep you guys updated? or we have to keep brother them for the production date. or something?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
will your dealer keep you guys updated? or we have to keep brother them for the production date. or something?
If you have a proactive and diligent sales representative, they will keep you posted with status updates. Personally, after four MBenzes, all ordered, it's a mix...sometimes I had to ping the sales rep, sometimes he pushed information to me. In one case, I was awaiting update on a specific new model year feature, then my sales rep learned my order had locked, no further changes. There seems to be a similar mix among other members that have reported their experiences here. There's a fine line between reasonable requests for updates and going too far with your dealer...but it's an exciting time once you push the start button until delivery...hard to blame "expectant" owners for being enthusiastic!

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
I just got a new order sheet from my dealer. There are a lot more lines today as the Standard Accessories are now listed. There are a few that may be of interest:

B08 new cooling system
U10 weight sensing system
U62 light and sight package
242 power passenger seat with memory
275 power driver's seat & steering column with memory
351 eCall emergency system
581 three zone automatic climate control
942 cargo organizer system

Some of the above may be mundane. Some may be typographical errors. For instance, another line item is:

807 2007 registration year

I suspect that should be 2017, implying the 3 in the climate zones might be a 2.

But errors or not, I figured this was worth a share.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got a new order sheet from my dealer. There are a lot more lines today as the Standard Accessories are now listed. There are a few that may be of interest:

B08 new cooling system
U10 weight sensing system
U62 light and sight package
242 power passenger seat with memory
275 power driver's seat & steering column with memory
351 eCall emergency system
581 three zone automatic climate control
942 cargo organizer system

Some of the above may be mundane. Some may be typographical errors. For instance, another line item is:

807 2007 registration year

I suspect that should be 2017, implying the 3 in the climate zones might be a 2.

But errors or not, I figured this was worth a share.
what is U62 light and sight package? does it mean intelligent head light?

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
I'm not sure. Likewise for the new cooling system and other things.

The dealer has not been advised either.

The line items simply showed up on the printout. Kind of a mystery still as to how as well as what some things are.

I opted to share partially in the hopes that others with more experience could chime in, and to demonstrate whatever progress this represents.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The factory video is super! Now I know why the UAW isn't happy.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts