Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 GLA45 AMG
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the best front brake pads anyone used for GLA45 AMG (2015-2019)
I'm looking and prefer ceramic, low dust, best performance, of course, and low noise, with sensors if possible.
Something better than the OEM, in the range of $75-150.
Any suggestion, gladly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Mishroom

2017 GLA45 AMG

·
Registered
2017 GLA45 AMG
3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
908 Posts
The ad does not say anything about sensors being included. If like most MB cars there is only one on the right front wheel.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I use Hawk HPS 5.0 and am well pleased. I DON'T know if they will satisfy your conditions though. I don't care about such things as dust for example. Though it seems to me they dust up far less than OEM. Initial bite is much weaker than OEM but the harder I push, the more stopping power I get. Just what I want out of a pad.

I've never pushed the Textar pads to the limit, but HPS 5.0 pads do not have more braking than my Potenza RE71R tires have grip for straight-line braking. In other words, I am not physically capable to skid in straight line braking, all the way up to boiling Motul RBF 600 (Which I did. Once.) Again, not sure if that means they are weaker than you are looking for, but it's just what I need for my use for the car.

·
Registered
482 Posts
as for sensors, you can use the one sensor we have using Hawk (at least the HPS, I don't know about ceramic, but it would be odd to not be compatible). I don't remember if my pads came with a sensor but a new sensor is cheap, like $10-12 on ebay. I don't worry much about the sensor any more to be honest. The brakes wear too slowly for me not to catch them worn before the sensor would trip. That's just me.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Last thing, the HPS have zero noise, which was high on my want list. BUT, they needed a **** of a break in. Hawk says get them hot and do 7-8 cycles from 50 to 15 to seat them, but that wasn't enough for me. They needed heat cycling at very fast speeds with full-on stomp-down braking to seat well. But totally silent now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts