Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling our meticulously cared for and heavily optioned AMG GLA 45. The vehicle is equipped with very rare and hard to find options like exterior carbon fiber package and AMG performance bucket seats. This is certainly a car for someone who knows what they’re looking for.

If you're a serious buyer, let's chat. Not interested in low-balls or tire kickers and in no rush to sell, since I already got another replacement, so it will remain garaged.

The car was purchased new in San Francisco and lived its whole life garaged and cared for in Seattle, WA.

Every single AMG performance upgrade has added. The sticker is included and the MSRP was over $71,000.

Just some of the notable upgrades and rare packages:

- U21 - AMG Performance exhaust system
- U47 - AMG Rear Spoiler
- 281 - AMG Performance Steering Wheel w/ DINAMICA Inserts
- 413- Panorama Sunroof
- 555 - AMG Performance Seats
- 778 - AMG Black 10-Spoke Wheels
- P01 - Premium Package (heated seats, harmon/kardon stereo, Keyless entry, blind spot monitor, rearview camera)
- P71 - AMG Dynamic PLUS Package (AMG RIDE CONTROL: Sport Suspension with 2-stage Electronic Adjustment, AMG Limited Slip Front Differential, RACE Mode, Increased top speed)
- 317 - Convenience Package
- 396 - Black “Red Cut” Package
- 521 - AMG Night Package - $750
- 773 - AMG Exterior Carbon Fiber Package
- 868 - Smartphone Integration (Android Auto & Apple Car Play)

MSRP - $71,875

Asking $54,500
~17,600 miles

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price lowered

Lowering price to 51,500 and posting to some more sites.

Have a set of winter wheels and tires with < 1000mi. on them as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump and price lower for this amazing car!

$49,500

Soon I'll sell to local dealer or CarMax, but wanted an enthusiast to get this hot setup first!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Very nice car for sure, but price still seems high. You should be able to move it in the mid-40's but I'd be shocked if you got more than $50k since it has a lot of miles for the age. FWIW, we bought our '16 GLA45, extremely loaded like yours MSRP $69.725, with only 2300 miles for $48k.... and I'm not even saying we got the best deal ever or anything like that. I'd guess CarMax would offer $41-$44k, or have you checked yet?

·
Registered
84 Posts
CarMax probably will only give only $38K bc they are in the business of making money AND THEY KNOW they will be sitting on the GLA45 "FOR AWHILE" until someone comes along and buy it. Now, if it was a "Toyota Tacoma", then it WILL be different. I know these two are not even in the same "market"......but just saying......

Very nice car for sure, but price still seems high. You should be able to move it in the mid-40's but I'd be shocked if you got more than $50k since it has a lot of miles for the age. FWIW, we bought our '16 GLA45, extremely loaded like yours MSRP $69.725, with only 2300 miles for $48k.... and I'm not even saying we got the best deal ever or anything like that. I'd guess CarMax would offer $41-$44k, or have you checked yet?

·
Registered
191 Posts
CarMax probably will only give only $38K bc they are in the business of making money AND THEY KNOW they will be sitting on the GLA45 "FOR AWHILE" until someone comes along and buy it. Now, if it was a "Toyota Tacoma", then it WILL be different. I know these two are not even in the same "market"......but just saying......
Upon further consideration, I agree with you 100%.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree with this message. (See below). LOL

Seriously, not too long ago I tried CarMax to see how much I could get for my SLK55 AMG HARDTOP CONVERTIBLE before I traded it in for a GLA250 4Matic. CarMax quoted me $12K LESS than the MB dealership. Of course, I realized the MB dealership worked the numbers into the GLA. But in my final analysis, I still came out much better.

Upon further consideration, I agree with you 100%.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good points. I'll just keep it in my shop.

Thanks for the insights, there are no comps on the market now. Not even a GLA with bucket seats, so it's hard to price.

Had to start somewhere. There is a sweet spot Im willing to take, and also a perfect buyer.

I do not think 18k miles is high for a 2 year old car. I've had the car new since Feb `17. Actually KBB and other sites give me a price bonus/increase for the mileage.

Cheers!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Alright, maybe the miles are just fine, sorry about that. Ours has 13k miles and is 3yo so my perspective is jaded. OP if you can afford to keep it and list to a national audience and wait for the perfect buyer, you'll get mid-high 40's sooner or later. 2 or 3 of us Colorado guys had to purchase out-of-state. I bought mine sight-unseen. For the buyer that wants one of these, there just aren't a lot to choose from!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, good call. Going to price drop to $46,500 and keep it there for a month or two. It's sadly just going to be in storage while we move down to LA and we got a replacement car for now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i just bought my 2018 with 15k miles from carmax for 46k. It did not have the options that yours has, but is a year newer.

I got the previous owners name from the title and contacted him. carmax gave him 40. That may help your decision.

I had been looking for over a year. These are slow sellers, generally. I would think yours would be around 40 to 43. I know that hurts, but they are depreciating fairly quickly, unfortunately. FJ in newport had a brand new 2017 that sold a few weeks ago for 48.

In dealing with carmax, i find their integrity leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for more good info. The important thing about the 2017+ is they have the upgraded grearbox and engine management from the 2015-2016 models.

Yeah, I think Carmax is not the way to go. I will try on auto sale sites and eventually a Mercedes dealer if no one from the forum is eager to get this one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
So my analysis of $38K was what CarMax is willing to pay was on target.

I know it hurts, but one thing is TRUE for sure:

The longer you keep it the more it deprecates. ESPECIALLY if you are NOT driving it. A lot of people mistakenly think that if I don't drive it, I can "preserve it and keep it's value where it is at". NOT TRUE for MOST cars, including GLA45 AMG. AS TIME PASSES BY, THE PRICE CONTINUES TO DROP. If I were you.....just get rid of it. Cut my losses and move on. Now, if you are going to drive it...... that's a different story bc at least you get MAXIMUM enjoyment out of it REGARDLESS of how it depreciates. The combo of "NOT ENJOYING IT AND MORE LOSS DUE TO DEPRECATION" JUST MAKES THE WHOLE THING SO SAD. IF I don't get to enjoy it, but I KNOW in a few years I CAN fetch 2 to 3 times of what I HAD paid for it......THEN I WOULD DO IT!!!

For cars like the Lexus LFA it is true. Recently a 2012 limited production Lexus LFA (only 500 were made worldwide for 2012 model year only) was sold for $918XXX!!!! THE ORIGINAL OWNER PAID AROUND $350K when new!!!

i just bought my 2018 with 15k miles from carmax for 46k. It did not have the options that yours has, but is a year newer.

I got the previous owners name from the title and contacted him. carmax gave him 40. That may help your decision.

I had been looking for over a year. These are slow sellers, generally. I would think yours would be around 40 to 43. I know that hurts, but they are depreciating fairly quickly, unfortunately. FJ in newport had a brand new 2017 that sold a few weeks ago for 48.

In dealing with carmax, i find their integrity leaves a lot to be desired.

Attachments

·
Registered
879 Posts
Cars are not good investments period. Im at the 3 yr mark now and recently had it valued at a dealer for a trade in for my knowledge. At least my car is worth more vs the residual value on a 3 yr lease. So thats good?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Omg. I want this car so bad... I would sell my 250 and pick up the difference. Oh well, I guess it wasn’t meant to be, I got other stuff on my plate right now and I’m in the opposite side of the country from you.

BTW...Nice car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Maybe you can try to sell it on your own ABOVE the "residual" AND pocket the difference? But this will be a time consuming process and risks associated.

For example:. If you show the car to, say 10 people, and IF YOU GET LUCKY EVENTUALLY ONE PERSON BUYS IT (I think it will be more like one in 30). If you spend 30 minutes (probably more like 45 minutes) on each showing.......total at least 300 minutes (likely a lot more time). So depending on what the "difference/amount" is......AND what you do for a living/what "free time" is WORTH to you, and etc.....it may or may not be worthwhile endeavor. Not to mention if you get tricked into a scam. Even if you are able to sell it successful and got all the money you agreed on with the buyer.....do you want that person to come back and bother/complain to you about something not working on the car (even if under warranty)?

Cars are not good investments period. Im at the 3 yr mark now and recently had it valued at a dealer for a trade in for my knowledge. At least my car is worth more vs the residual value on a 3 yr lease. So thats good?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts