Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

2016 Mercedes AMG GLA45 Dealer Ordering Guide

21K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  rrrichsmith 
#1 ·
I'm new to the forum and just started looking into purchasing or leasing a GLA45. Just got this from my dealer and thought you guys might want to see what's new for 2016. The most important part pasted below. Sorry if it's been posted before!

New Specifications –
- More Horsepower: +20hp = 375hp @ 6,000rpm
- More Torque: +18lb-ft = 350lb-ft @ 2,250-5,000rpm
- Faster 0-60mph: -0.5sec = 4.3sec 0-60mph
- Revised Transmission Gear Ratios
- More aggressive ratio in gears 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

New Standard Equipment –
- New DYNAMIC SELECT System replaces E/S/M button
- New Rotary Knob & ‘M’ button for Manual Mode
- New ‘RACE’ mode with all-new P71pkg Dynamic Plus Package
- New Infotainment Generation (NTG5) with the following standard upgrades:
- Media interface -- Pre-Wiring for Garmin Map Pilot -- 7" display
- Dual Zone Climate Control standard (581)
- KEYLESS-START standard
- New ‘TURBO 4MATIC’ Side Fender Badge
Package Changes –
- P71pkg - AMG Dynamic Plus Package – New
- Limited Slip Front Differential, AMG Adaptive Suspension, ‘RACE’ Mode, 167mph Top Speed
& Performance Steering Wheel
- P25pkg - AMG Driver’s Package – Discontinued
- P97pkg – AMG Performance Studio Package - Discontinued
What’s New for 2016 GLA45
New Options & Details –
- New 260 - Rear Deck Lid Badge Delete Code – Stand-alone
- New 877 - Multi-color Ambient Lighting – Part of 318pkg,
396pkg & stand-alone
- New 459 - AMG Adaptive Suspension (2-stage adjustable)
– Part of new P71pkg Dynamic Plus Package & stand-alone
- New 175 – Kryptonite Green Paint
- 899 - KEYLESS-GO becomes part of Premium Package &
stand-alone
- U25 - AMG Illuminated Door Sill Covers – Available as
factory installed option
- Rearview Camera – Gets 180 Degree view functionality
- ‘AMG’ & ‘GLA45’ Badges switch sides of the rear deck lid

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I wish they gave us a little more time to edit our posts... At any rate I think my slow connection is likely the problem but when I try to download the pdf it stops at exactly 2 gigs every time. Not more and not less, I've tried a half dozen times, always at the 2 gig mark.

#5 ·
...I think my slow connection is likely the problem but when I try to download the pdf it stops at exactly 2 gigs every time. Not more and not less, I've tried a half dozen times, always at the 2 gig mark.
Downloaded just fine for me in a couple seconds, but the file size isn't gigs as in gigabytes, just a few megabytes. Pretty small file so even a slow connection should handle it.

#6 ·
My bad, I meant megs but I had been backing up some files and doing some other housekeeping on my laptop while I was waiting to see if it would download. My connection speed where I am now will download at a speed of 1.5 to 4k sometimes a little better and sometimes worse. A 4 meg file can take an hour or more to download. That's why I said it's probably my connection.

#7 ·
My connection speed where I am now will download at a speed of 1.5 to 4k sometimes a little better and sometimes worse. A 4 meg file can take an hour or more to download.
Can I borrow your time machine when you're back? I have a few investments I need to make back in 1992.
Kidding of course, I'm sure that wherever you are right now has the scenic majesty to make up for a lack of high speed internet. If you haven't successfully downloaded it yet, the PDF is full of pretty pictures of the GLA45, but the key points were repeated above so you're not missing out on too much right now.

#8 ·
I finally got it on my tablet. It hitched up at the 48% mark just like it did on the laptop but instead stopping there as it did on the pc it simply ground in place for about 10 minutes and then continued on. There surely are a few nice renders in there... :)

Does bring up a few questions. They originally said one of the exterior blues would be discontinued and the green added. On the interior there was supposed to be a new beige/black but that is not there as an option.

#11 ·
Yep AMGz…I had to email/call/plead (sorta) with corporate MB to allow my GLA45 in South Seas Blue to be placed into the production que. Basically they felt AMG cars should be black, silver, white or a designo variant…but all came out well>>

#12 ·
In my opinion, MB hasn't had a decent blue since the late '70s-early '80s (maybe that's why AMGz hasn't seen too many blue German cars :))...until the Universe Blue and South Seas Blue Metallic. Thank goodness, as blue is my favorite color. It was a tough decision between the two. But other German manufacturers, specifically Audi and VW have had excellent blues in recent years, and Porsche's sapphire blue looks stunning on the Macan.

I've had my GLA45 for 5 months now and so far 3 people have stopped to ogle my car and tell me how much they like it. Although one guy said he'd get it in a different color.

#13 ·
The rendered cars shown in the back are incorrect, the rear view does not have the badges in the correct location. My guess is they are renders they had on the shelf of 15s since the matte car appears to be suspiciously similar to the matte car in the gallery on the AMG website.

#18 ·
So there I was in this crowd when a heard someone say "OMG! LOOK! IT'S A 4MATIC!" and everyone dropped what they were doing... Ok, I'll stop there, that was a total lie. Lets face it, so said no one ever. An infinite number of monkeys will never type it. SS427, HEMI, the snake, these are examples of acceptable badges. As a preference I don't like em but if your going to have a badge it should say something that speaks to a gearhead. To me a 4matic badge is like having a heated seats badge. :( I wish we had the option to delete them like the C63 guys.

The buttons on the 16 A45 have park is in the same place and the old mode cycle button is the M button only with a couple gears pictured on it. The knob is then centered in line with the shifter behind those. I had assumed we got the same and it looks to me like this is what is shown on page 4 of the DOG?

In practice I don't use the manual exhaust button to up the volume, usually it's to tone it down for late night or early morning in a housing development, parking garages, that kind of thing. Setting off car alarms and getting every dog within a half mile barking has its charms but sometimes you feel a little guilty. :)

#19 ·
I really appreciate the 4matic badge since it is good for one thing...getting through the snow chain checkpoint on the way over the mountain passes in winter. They won't hassle you in a full size SUV or pickup, but in my C240 I'd get stopped till they see the badge then get waved on. I suppose it's less of an issue with the GLA since it kinda looks more like a crossover/suv, but still it's nice to not have to roll down the window just to tell the trooper that it is an all wheel drive car and doesn't need chains.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.