Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

I recently purchased a new 2016 gla250 i dont know how to access the mb apps, i dont have the globe icon. but i do have the premium package (mpp) with 531 command online navigation w/mb apps.

can anyone help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Push the mbrace button in your car and set up your account! Also while online with them they can answer any questions

·
Registered
201 Posts
hello,

I recently purchased a new 2016 gla250 i dont know how to access the mb apps, i dont have the globe icon. but i do have the premium package (mpp) with 531 command online navigation w/mb apps.

can anyone help?
The dealer setup the initial stuff for me thru some app, then I logged in on a desktop to the mbrace site to finish the setup.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i dont think we have mbrace in canada, nore do i see a mbrace button....
I also don't have an MBrace button on a US version without the multimedia package, so I'd be interested to know how to get to that button if it's available to the standard Audio20 package-equipped GLAs. Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I also don't have an MBrace button on a US version without the multimedia package, so I'd be interested to know how to get to that button if it's available to the standard Audio20 package-equipped GLAs. Thanks!
Dont get me wrong...but I don't think a mbrace button exist. Only ones I know of are the maintenance, SoS, and Info button. These are useless with the 5 yr mbrace if you don't subcribe to the other packages also. You have to have it registered by the dealer first then you can go in and use it services I believe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Press the info button, once connect to mbrace personnel set up your account. If you don't have the multimedia package then you won't have any apps. Once you have an account you can download the app on your phone and control your cars doors and remote start

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Dont get me wrong...but I don't think a mbrace button exist. Only ones I know of are the maintenance, SoS, and Info button. These are useless with the 5 yr mbrace if you don't subcribe to the other packages also. You have to have it registered by the dealer first then you can go in and use it services I believe.
Press the info button, once connect to mbrace personnel set up your account. If you don't have the multimedia package then you won't have any apps. Once you have an account you can download the app on your phone and control your cars doors and remote start
Thank you Louie and Dcloud. I now recognize which button you were referring to. I was hoping the complimentary MBrace was a bit more robust from the Audio20 system console, but apparently not. Also, I have MBrace set up on my iPhone, but really only the lock/unlock and locate features seem active, have not found the trick to remote start. Maybe some future software update could give us more, but at this point I kinda doubt it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we dont have mbrace in Canada... i was test driving the 2015 and it had the web button in command on the top right. i bought a 2016 with command and mb apps but this function is not present. i contacted the dealer and he's looking into it, he looked inside another 2016 gla equipped with these features, again it was not present. i went through all functions, this isent my first benz so i know how to navigate through everything very well. im just wondering if anyone was experienced this?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
we dont have mbrace in Canada... i was test driving the 2015 and it had the web button in command on the top right. i bought a 2016 with command and mb apps but this function is not present. i contacted the dealer and he's looking into it, he looked inside another 2016 gla equipped with these features, again it was not present. i went through all functions, this isent my first benz so i know how to navigate through everything very well. im just wondering if anyone was experienced this?
You raise a good point. It seems useful or reliable "dealer" knowledge, or more correctly lack thereof, on higher level connectivity functions such as Apple CarPlay, Mirror-Link, and even MBrace is an international phenomena. That goes back to MB being vague to what its autos can do with various packages. How frustrating it is to have the on screen links for CarPlay built into the Audio20 system and be unable to access them due to date of build. More information up front when I ordered in June would have made a difference.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the Audio 20 and no ACP in sight. I don't expect on seeing it unless the Audio 20 updates itself with an update push...which I doubt will happen. I can access all the other MB apps available with mbrace 5yr freebie. I just ordered the Garmin Map Pilot. That will be my main navigation regardless if ACP does appear. I dont want to be dependent of Iphones for the duration of ownership.
Also, i would be SOL until I get a new phone if the phone was lost and broken. The SD card does not need a phone connection for Navigation.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Does the 2016 MBrace Technology to remote start the car exist for the GLA 250?
Though it's advertised to do so, I haven't found it with the basic MBrace setup that's complimentary and the six month trial of the extra coverage. The iPhone app features seem to be lock, unlock, and locate your car, as well as the panic button. So if someone has found how to do so, I'm curious as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts