Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
303 Posts
You could use a VIN decoder. Or a call to a MB dealer to do the same.

·
601 Posts
For a vin decoder you can get an app that will give you the data card. For Iphone the app is MB Vin Decoder. The data card will give you everything that was on the car when it was built at the factory.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For a vin decoder you can get an app that will give you the data card. For Iphone the app is MB Vin Decoder. The data card will give you everything that was on the car when it was built at the factory.
I cannot find anything that help me. From vin: WDC1569522J085775 CAN i find out if its the 2015 kw or 2016 kw? Dealer have it as 2016 but for me it looks like 2015. Is there a way i can see if it is the 280kw 2016?

·
601 Posts
Based on the data card shows it was had a delivery date November 19, 2014. Different countries assign model year different ways, some used the very date of built, some use year of actual sell. some countries let the company declare the model year as here in the USA. Do not know the way your country rules on model years. There should some government doc for the car that has the model year.

·
Super Moderator
1,620 Posts
In my experience (USA based) MB shuts off GLA orders for the current year by mid Spring as the factory prepares to shift specifications to the next year. The next year models then start rolling off the production line mid to late August. With a build date in November I would have to believe your car meets the 2016 model year specification.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my GLA45 and what a awesome ride. It is almost impossible to drive slow with this car....

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got my GLA45 and what a awesome ride. It is almost impossible to drive slow with this car....
Yep, smiles for miles. The best part is, assuming you avoid tickets, is knowing that everytime you are nailing it, having fun, again and again, at least here in the US, you have all these v8's doing the same, which some can certainly overtake me, however, they are watching their gas gages move, and need $60 to fill at the tank. Beyond that, the AWD grip level around corners (with AS Conti DWS's) is amazing, and to top that off, those HP cars for the most part suck here in Colorado in winter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts