Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not to much changes/liftings for now - good! Otherwise I would be not happy when I paid 50 000EUR for a new car which a year after launched will be "old"...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not to much changes/liftings for now - good! Otherwise I would be not happy when I paid 50 000EUR for a new car which a year after launched will be "old"...
A year later it's old? I had my GLA250 for a few hours before I saw a 2016 GLA drive by. Oh well...it's still an amazing little car!

·
Registered
143 Posts
A year later it's old? I had my GLA250 for a few hours before I saw a 2016 GLA drive by. Oh well...it's still an amazing little car!
"old" I mean that there is upadated model. Facelifted, new equipmnent, more power motor, better gear etc...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"old" I mean that there is upadated model. Facelifted, new equipmnent, more power motor, better gear etc...
If a refresh happens with the 250 it will have to be for MY17 since that will be the fourth year of worldwide production. However, I will predict a totally new GLA for MY19 when I read between the lines here: Renault-Nissan Alliance Teams With Daimler in Mexican Joint Venture - Torque News so there may not be any refresh if that happens. Probably not worth it for only two more years production. If it was going to happen I think it would have been for MY16.

We have read about the JV before but this is the first time I have read this: "... Additional capacity will be built in with Infiniti branded vehicles slated to begin rolling off the line by 2017 and Mercedes-Benz vehicles in 2018. ... The partners have not announced where the cars will be sold, but it's likely that most of them will stay in the North American region. ..."

·
Registered
694 Posts
Are there any things you guys have noticed from recently released Mercedes products that have things the GLA doesn't which would work in well to a next refresh?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like not much is here that wasn't already known. Hope it hasn't already been posted. Could not find it if it is.
On page 2 does "October 2015" mean that's when the general 2016 inventory will be available for purchase in the U.S. dealerships?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No mention of CarPlay/AndroidAuto. Which is a pity, as 2016 VWs seem to have it....sigh!
"...
There is also news with regard to smartphone integration: from the beginning of 2016, Apple® CarPlay® and MirrorLink® will be available for all compact cars. In the case of Apple® CarPlay® for example, the system supports making phone calls, navigating and listening to music, receiving and sending SMS and emails as well as Siri voice control. Owners of MirrorLink®-compatible smartphones can mirror apps specially optimised for use while driving to their vehicle display for safe and convenient use.
..."

Compact range gets new entry and top versions - MercedesBlog

·
Registered
182 Posts
Now that is what is amazing since they do not go on sale until mid-October.
This was in Heidelberg Germany which is about an hour from the factory in Sindelfingen where I had just picked mine up. The 2016 i saw go by had the R&D camouflage you see in spy photos on it covering badges and certain body parts. For all I know it might have been a MY2017 prototype! My friend I was with said that he's seen different prototype MBs a few times around town. I guess the engineers like driving them around there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts