Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just put in an order for MY16 GLA 250. However my dealer still does not have any info on Mirror Link, Car Play or Adaptive Damping Suspension availability for MY16 GLA 250.

I have a few concerns placing my early order in for first production batch. Word is that the MirrorLink and Carplay will be available begining of "2016". Does that mean that only the cars made in 2016 will have this feature or any MY16? And if the first batch will not have it can it be added as a Command Software Upgrade?

And the Adaptive Damping Suspension has me a bit confused also. Dynamic Select looks to be standard but it looks like the Adaptive Damping Suspension may be an additional option. Again my dealer has no info on it and my order does not indicate the car has it so far.

I'm just a bit concerned that I will be missing out on somethings grabbing one of the first batches and may be better off holding out to 2016 production. What do you guys think? Anyone have more info on these two items?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm in exactly the same boat. As usual, dealer staff seem to have even less knowledge of what will be available in 2016 models that the interwebs, although to be fair, if I was in their shoes, I'd probably wait until I have something on official M-B paper.

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Somewhere or other I had read that Mirrorlink and Car Play would both be compatible with the COMAND in the 16s and would require only a software update. On the Android side MB and Google have yet to reach agreement on data collection and other issues so that would have to be resolved first. If it was a deal breaker I'd certainly hold out for official confirmation...

·
Registered
694 Posts
Somewhere or other I had read that Mirrorlink and Car Play would both be compatible with the COMAND in the 16s and would require only a software update. On the Android side MB and Google have yet to reach agreement on data collection and other issues so that would have to be resolved first. If it was a deal breaker I'd certainly hold out for official confirmation...
Good point and thanks for bringing that up.

I guess when that time comes around we should hear some big announcement relating to it.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are software upgrades free? I'm not familiar with the process for updating software used by Mercedes. Whats the process usually like?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Are software upgrades free? I'm not familiar with the process for updating software used by Mercedes. Whats the process usually like?
Not sure about the dealers but I think at independent shops that specialize in Mercedes might be able to do it for free, usually they're always cheaper than the dealer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just had confirmation from my dealer that 2016 Australian spec GLAs will have CarPlay/Mirrorlink standard (as well as 8" screen)

GLA 250 and 45 AMG also pick up Adaptive Dampers, Dynamic Select drive adjustment, and the Ambient Lighting package.

Pricing of the 250 is exactly line ball with the new BMW F48 X1 xDrive25i, which has a few more horses....so, I'll be working with both to get the best deal

·
Registered
197 Posts
The DOG in the US states 7" with or without multimedia but it contains a number of mistakes and I'm hoping that is one of them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The women here might say that mens idea of an inch is somewhat longer than theirs... :) Be that as it may the DOG is probably wrong. It appears to me to be the exact same language as the 15 description and most of what is in the DOG looks to be pulled straight off the shelf, the pictures for instance are almost all renders of 15s.

Which leads me to a gripe of mine. I'm not sure if I've every seen anything but artistic renderings on MBs site and they are highly inaccurate. Looking at the configurator of the GLA for instance it doesn't even show the cladding, that's a major element left out that they cant possibly have missed over the course of the year it has been up. They are purposefully misrepresenting the car. I don't mind them trying to show the car to its best advantage but lying is a step beyond and the vast majority of their renders are similar "improvements" of the reality. Bad on you MB.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts