Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

New here. Just got this machine and already tinkering with it. So I did replace h15 daylights with LED counterparts and it works great with no errors. However the manual says that low beam is H15 55W... its wrong (don't belive, check me).

When I go under the hood its actually a H4 bulb. Furthermore that bulb goes into special mercedes socket that locks the bulb in place... so you cannot buy any of those LED bulb that come with heatsinks... you have to get direct physical replacement but with LEDs. However H4 is usually both low and high beam, with 3 prongs. But this one is 2 prog. No problem, great state of china manufactures that no problem! So did that, it gave errors. Got error module... it works, no more errors. However you can put in into the socket... it wont lock into the place. Now i can cut the 2 cables in wire the error free module in...but kind of would like to avoid that option.

Any one with any thoughts on that or has previous experience? I understand that applies to 2016 models... maybe 15 too, not sure..

Would greatly appreciate your feedback!

RealGenX

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Everyone,

New here. Just got this machine and already tinkering with it. So I did replace h15 daylights with LED counterparts and it works great with no errors. However the manual says that low beam is H15 55W... its wrong (don't belive, check me).

When I go under the hood its actually a H4 bulb. Furthermore that bulb goes into special mercedes socket that locks the bulb in place... so you cannot buy any of those LED bulb that come with heatsinks... you have to get direct physical replacement but with LEDs. However H4 is usually both low and high beam, with 3 prongs. But this one is 2 prog. No problem, great state of china manufactures that no problem! So did that, it gave errors. Got error module... it works, no more errors. However you can put in into the socket... it wont lock into the place. Now i can cut the 2 cables in wire the error free module in...but kind of would like to avoid that option.

Any one with any thoughts on that or has previous experience? I understand that applies to 2016 models... maybe 15 too, not sure..

RealGenX
I am not sure about the 2016 model but in my 2015 it is definitely an H7 bulb. Take a look at this thread (pictures included) and also the page from the manual as well as a schematic of how my stock one looked when I replaced it :)

http://www.glaowners.com/forum/mercedes-benz-gla-general-discussion/11490-halogen-replacement.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the GLA forum realgenx. If you search on "LED headlights" in the search box on the upper right, you'll find some related threads. There's been a lot of interest on this topic in general, so others will likely jump in on your question. Please share some photos of your GLA and LED fix as applicable, would help others interested in also upgrading GLA lighting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone,

RealGenX
What is the brand of your h15 led lights?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts