Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I recently ordered a 2016 GLA 250 with production estimated as the first week of May. My dealer told me this is the next to last week for production of 2016 models. Has anybody heard if there will be any significant changes for the 2017 model? I don't really want to wait for the production change-over and it will probably be more $$$.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
There has been precious little news on 2017 changes. I wonder if your dealer meant the next to last week to order a 2016? As I recall, production goes at least through June, but I'm sort of recalling maybe August. 2016 production started on 1 September 2015.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Turbolink is right. Or at least that's what they were doing last year as mine was built in June and definitely wasn't the last one off the line.
Any changes in 2017 are going to be relatively minor. The GLA isn't due for any kind of facelift for a couple years. If a bigger change is coming we'll know about it!

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
I was told the last date to order a European Delivery was 18 March. I also saw an email confirming this.

So I'm holding to order a 2017 45 for my wife and hoping they don't drop the Northern Lights Violet that she wants.

I'm told first delivery of the 2017s will be early July, but I have no information when the DOG (Dealer Order Guide) will be available.

It has been inferred that the phone interface will be improved, especially for Android users.

In the US we are forced to use run flats, can't get under the front seat storage trays, can't get electric side folding mirrors, can't get LED turning head lights, and more. I'm hoping the DOG fixes some of these omissions. But I have no idea.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was at my dealer on March 22 and he also showed me an email that stated that the cutoff for ordering 2016s was March 18 (not just European delivery). So I left the showroom but the next day he called to say there were some unused order "spots" from other dealers in the Northeast and they negotiated to get one for me so we ordered the car. He told me if I waited for a 2017 it would be about August when they would get it. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, I know this forum will be a great place to hangout online!
BTW - I think it would be a good idea to promote that posters fill in their Location so that everyone knows what they are talking about, considering the fact that option availability is different for each country.

Reactions: turbolink

·
Registered
172 Posts
BTW - I think it would be a good idea to promote that posters fill in their Location so that everyone knows what they are talking about, considering the fact that option availability is different for each country.
I posted the same thing months ago to no avail. :(

Some other car forums I frequent nag posters to add their location and car details to their info.
It really helps when folks are asking questions about their cars, etc.

Reactions: turbolink

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Gitzer and WhiteRabbit, you both make excellent points on location. I've thought that as well and realize we often speak where we live one way or another, sooner or later. Just changed my profile. Good suggestion!

·
Registered
880 Posts
I was told the last date to order a European Delivery was 18 March. I also saw an email confirming this.

So I'm holding to order a 2017 45 for my wife and hoping they don't drop the Northern Lights Violet that she wants.

I'm told first delivery of the 2017s will be early July, but I have no information when the DOG (Dealer Order Guide) will be available.

It has been inferred that the phone interface will be improved, especially for Android users.

In the US we are forced to use run flats, can't get under the front seat storage trays, can't get electric side folding mirrors, can't get LED turning head lights, and more. I'm hoping the DOG fixes some of these omissions. But I have no idea.
45s don't come with run flats only 250s. There is a possibility that the gla will get the new LED headlights present on 16 a classes and 17 cla class. But from previous history, the gla is always one year behind the cla, like the newer interior and nav unit. The 2016 45s did get the engine update across the board without delay

·
Registered
17 Posts
I enquired about the 2017 model when I was at the MB dealership. The salesperson and I compared the 2016 vs 2017 and we both agreed that the 2016 is the better value. In summary, items included in packages in the 2016 are taken out and offered as individual options on the 2017. While this may be advantageous to some who may not want some items in particular packages, the bottom line is that the 2017 will end up more expensive. Forgot to mention that there is very little change on the 2017 except the reconfigured options.

In my case I ordered the 2016 model with the premiums (premium and premium plus packages) with a few other options.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MrD810 - interesting, in what country do you live? Wondering if this applies to US models.

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Did you actually see a 2017 Dealer Order Guide? I am told in the USA that this is not available yet, and the last order date for a 2016 was over a month ago (18 March). I am told MB always has a void period to prevent devaluation of cars due to new specifications. I've been waiting for the 2017 DOG from three different dealers. The first dealer to get it gets my business. No action yet.

On another note, I was told I could not get non run flat tires in the USA on either the 250 or 45 not by one, or two, but three different dealers in the San Francisco Bay area. In Canada, no problem.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Can I assume that the 45 that does not have run flats has a compressor and a can of spray gunk, instead of jack and wrench?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Did you actually see a 2017 Dealer Order Guide? I am told in the USA that this is not available yet, and the last order date for a 2016 was over a month ago (18 March). I am told MB always has a void period to prevent devaluation of cars due to new specifications. I've been waiting for the 2017 DOG from three different dealers. The first dealer to get it gets my business. No action yet.

On another note, I was told I could not get non run flat tires in the USA on either the 250 or 45 not by one, or two, but three different dealers in the San Francisco Bay area. In Canada, no problem.
I dont think they know what they are talking about. SF and Oakland are the same dealer.

You can go to cars.com right now and look at SF inventory, in some pics you can even see the conti 5p written on the tires. They are regular tires

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you actually see a 2017 Dealer Order Guide? I am told in the USA that this is not available yet, and the last order date for a 2016 was over a month ago (18 March).
I was going to visit my dealer tomorrow to order, saw this thread and emailed her to check. She said the 2017 order guide went live yesterday so I'm going tomorrow to place an order for a 2017.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was going to visit my dealer tomorrow to order, saw this thread and emailed her to check. She said the 2017 order guide went live yesterday so I'm going tomorrow to place an order for a 2017.
Let us know what she says for delivery. Are you in the US?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Let us know what she says for delivery. Are you in the US?
Yes I'm in the US. In CT. Just got back a little while ago from the dealer. They had the order guide which had the new packages but not all of the prices were finalized yet. They are able to put in orders but don't have a date. I'm not expecting anything before September. I did place an order for a 2017 and am doing European Delivery.

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Did you notice any major changes? Long shot for my wife ... Was Northern Lights Violet still available?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I didn't see anything big. It was mostly just moving around what is in or not in packages. Then aluminum trim is a $150 option now instead of being standard. I asked about colors and the comment I got was that there were no changes but I didn't actually see the sheet anywhere listing the colors.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts