Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I'm missing something here. When I plug in my iphone and activate CarPlay, I can no longer adjust EQ or Balance/Fader. If I adjust it before plugging in the iphone, as soon as I activate CarPlay the previous setting is ignored. Anyone else noticed this or know a workaround?

Thanks!

GLA250 4MATIC with Multimedia Package + CarPlay.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Don't know the answer, but speaking on behalf of those of us who had a GLA built before 1 December 2015, I am totally envious that you have CarPlay!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't know the answer, but speaking on behalf of those of us who had a GLA built before 1 December 2015, I am totally envious that you have CarPlay!
Mine was built last thursday (4.02). That means it's got CarPlay?
I'm a happy man! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was having this issue as well.. I discovered that the media EQ settings carry over to CarPlay. You can test this by plugging your iPhone into the media USB jack... start playing music, then set the fader in media settings to something like the rear - right speaker only.. then swap to CarPlay... the fader setting should be retained. You can try the same experiment with the EQ.. Happy ears.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hopefully someone can help me get car play working. I connect iPhone 6 to the USB with the little phone icon but the car is just saying iPhone connected and can play music.

I'm obviously doing something incorrect as I did manage to see car play on the screen once but since then I can't seem to find it? Car was built 02/17 and collected today.

Advise is appreciated.
Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a setup routine in your COMAND screens for CarPlay and Android Auto. Did you go through that process?

No I couldn't find anything regards CarPlay / Android auto setup. Any idea where this would be found on the Comand screen?

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I don't have COMAND, and my GLA was built in 2016 before smartphone connection came available. However, I had the screens as if it was at delivery. 16 months later they appear to be gone, perhaps changed with a system update by dealer's service. You should be able to find information on how to do so through your digital operator's manual, or possibly your hard copy manual. There are several threads here that address CarPlay, but this might give you some thoughts:

http://www.glaowners.com/forum/merc...scussion/19410-sound-setup-apple-carplay.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got it working thanks, all works now. I especially like the read out of texts and emails and that you can dictate them. Probably a gimmick I'll use for the first week!

Thanks for your help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts