Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GlaOwners.com Vendor
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You just bought all new 2015 model, completely stock, refreshed and upgraded. But there is always a part of you, that wants to personalize the ride. If this is about you, why not to start with what you see when you’re behind the wheel? Interior dash kit would be a great solution!

Dash kit is a great and the easiest way to personalize the interior of your vehicle. If you don’t have a high end model, then a dash kit is a great way to add a touch of luxury. Whatever your desires, dash kit can help turn your vision into reality with extensive selection of colors and finishes available.

Each kit comes with clear, easy to understand installation instructions. They're really easy to install, its basically just a stick-on pieces, installed with the 3M tape. A detailed schematic is included indicating where each part is installed. 3M adhesive is supplied with each kit to ensure permanent mounting, so you don't have to worry about the pieces falling off.

Remin dash kits are the most popular on the market and we would like to show you several options they offer for the 2015 Mercedes GLA Class:

Remin® - Basic Kit Remin® - Mercedes GLA Class 2015 Basic Kit

Remin® - Full Kit Remin® - Mercedes GLA Class 2015 Full Kit

Remin® - Exterior Kit Remin® - Mercedes GLA Class 2015 Exterior Kit

You can check this installation video to see, how easy it can be installed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UGhujqLMbg

Remin has 40 Custom Finishes available: Remin Materials

Here are some examples:

Which one would you choose?

·
Registered
81 Posts
These look nice in the pictures. I wonder how the quality is in real life though compared to the quality of finishes that come regularly with the GLA.

Yeah, I've never seen one of those kits cut to fit that well.

I'd pick the black carbon fiber.

·
GlaOwners.com Vendor
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Truthiness, you can always order samples prior to buying the actual kit and check the quality of finishes.

gurneyeagle, Remin dash kits have CAD design and laser cuts, which guarantee a perfect fit to your dash. Before any kit is commissioned for production, each piece is test fitted to an actual vehicle, to make sure that the fit is perfect and that the piece is easy to place.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
GAG! More crass commercials.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Truthiness, you can always order samples prior to buying the actual kit and check the quality of finishes.

gurneyeagle, Remin dash kits have CAD design and laser cuts, which guarantee a perfect fit to your dash. Before any kit is commissioned for production, each piece is test fitted to an actual vehicle, to make sure that the fit is perfect and that the piece is easy to place.

I've purchased two of these kits in the past, and both had very large tolerances for fit that left the underlying surfaces very visible. I sent back the one purchased for a 2008 G37 and kept the kit for my 370Z which I used as a template to cut better fitting material.

I'd love to buy one for my GLA250 if you guarantee a satisfactory fit, or I can return it for a full refund including return postage.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I guess I'd be more inclined to make a purchase if there some pictures of these kits actually installed on a GLA so I could see the fit and general look.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've purchased two of these kits in the past, and both had very large tolerances for fit that left the underlying surfaces very visible. I sent back the one purchased for a 2008 G37 and kept the kit for my 370Z which I used as a template to cut better fitting material.

I'd love to buy one for my GLA250 if you guarantee a satisfactory fit, or I can return it for a full refund including return postage.
fitment... that's the problem with things like this from aftermarket brands, just have to wait for someone to be the guinea pig :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I guess I'd be more inclined to make a purchase if there some pictures of these kits actually installed on a GLA so I could see the fit and general look.
fitment... that's the problem with things like this from aftermarket brands, just have to wait for someone to be the guinea pig :D

You both nailed it on the head. I'd sincerely like to buy a carbon fiber kit, but I'm very skeptical that it will be cut to fit like the sample pictures shown.

I'm happy to be the guinea pig on CARID's dollar. If it really fits as advertised, I'll send them the money.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You both nailed it on the head. I'd sincerely like to buy a carbon fiber kit, but I'm very skeptical that it will be cut to fit like the sample pictures shown.

I'm happy to be the guinea pig on CARID's dollar. If it really fits as advertised, I'll send them the money.
Look into a local, reputable vinyl shop that has experience wrapping vehicles. I've seen carbon fiber wrap that looks so good you'd bet money it was a factory part.

Plus they usually warranty their work for a few years so you have some piece of mind.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Look into a local, reputable vinyl shop that has experience wrapping vehicles. I've seen carbon fiber wrap that looks so good you'd bet money it was a factory part.

Plus they usually warranty their work for a few years so you have some piece of mind.

Hydro-dipping is even better than wrapping. The results look like real carbon fiber. You just have to be able to remove the part.

Reactions: CARiD

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I ordered the real carbon fiber kit. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Boris_Balkan, that sounds great! Waiting for your feedback and pictures of the kit, I'm sure you will be satisfied.

If it turns out to be good enough for mr. Boris, it will be good enough for me.

Fingers crossed he won't be disappointed! If he's happy, I'll be ordering a carbon fiber kit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts