Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi CeeTee. I’ve been looking on CL and Cars.com for GLA45s but haven’t found many. I’m glad I looked here. I’m in the North Bay. Do you ever get up here? I’d love to see the car. Does it have Distronic? Thank you!

Matthew

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi CeeTee. I’ve been looking on CL and Cars.com for GLA45s but haven’t found many. I’m glad I looked here. I’m in the North Bay. Do you ever get up here? I’d love to see the car. Does it have Distronic? Thank you!

Matthew
Hi Matthew,

The car does not have distronic cruise control but the regular cruise control is very nice.

I'm not a fan of the type of cruise control that requires you to push and hold a button > wait for something to happen > then have the car speed up or slow down an unspecified & uncontrolled amount.

The standard cruise control arm actually works very well.
Pulling the arm engages and sets the cruise to your current speed (only one input required).
Pushing it away from the wheel turns it off.
Lightly pushing the arm up allows you to finely dial in up or down increments of 1 mph.
Pushing the arm up a greater distance adds or subtracts 5 mph increments.
Set cruise speed is displayed directly above the wheel and is easily visible.

When I bought the car, I wondered if I would want the distronic too. Since then I have learned enough about the stop and go behavior of these systems that I no longer would like one until they can perform much more smoothly in stop and go traffic.

PM me if you are still interested, I may be far enough North to meet soon.

Cheers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sad day...car is sold! Just to make sure you all know, loved the car. New ones don't look or sound the same. Enjoy them, guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts