Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would recommend maintenance when you get it.....tranny fluid (which also tackles front axle) and rear diff fluid. This gives you the best chance of not having issues. I did mine early, not following a schedule. This coming year I will do the rear diff fluid again, at near 10k since last done. Have 29.5k miles at this point and no issues with trans or rear axle. One Q though, with 38k km on ODO, how are the brakes, done recently? Pads are not that expensive, but replacing rotors gets costly. I got a really great deal on OEM AMG pads/rotors a couple years back and just had everything replaced by the dealer, the labor was expensive. Had I bought everything from the dealer it likely would have cost me near $2k, not the $1300 in parts/labor in total I paid.

Reactions: 45edition1

·
Registered
272 Posts
Forgot one other major issue I had.

Search for violent jerks on hard acceleration. (and I'm not talking about other motorists har har)

The root cause is a failing camshaft sensor. The part retails for about $60 (cheaper online) and is easily accessible from the top of the engine and held in with a single bolt, it takes about 5 minutes to swap out by yourself at home. And the car drives fine while you are waiting for the part to come in. But it's seriously jarring when it happens :)
Whiterabbitt, I searched for this but I don't see anything related to cam sensor. I do see other "jerky" posts, but do you have a part number or any pic of where this is installed? When did this happen to you mileage wise?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts