Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow GLA owners

I’m new to the owners club, I’m picking my baby up this coming weekend hopefully, it’s a 2015 model, only has 38k km on, really well looked after, I’m really excited about it, because she’s just beautiful but a guy told me that the 2015 model GLA’s had transmission issues, i tried reading up on it but haven’t found a lot about transmission issues other than it’s a little laggy in C mode, is there any other issues I should be concerned about? Hope to hear from you all

Happy km’s

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To minimize lag MB chamber the gear ratios for 2016 and added more power. Because of this enthusiasts favor 2016 and later models.

There were changes made in late 2016 to strengthen the output shaft.

There are a lot of 2015 models that have been fine. It's difficult to put numbers on these things.
Thanks for the reply, so I don’t have to be too concerned about any transmission issues on the 2015 model and i can just leave it as it is

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not had any strange issues that "the internet" hasn't well documented on my 2015 45.

Exhaust flap clockspring snapped
PCV valve clogged
Thermostat stuck open
star came off the engine cover
Half AMG logo came off the front grille

That's about it. Other than that, standard PMs other than my car tires seem to be nail magnets. I follow the std MB schedule. I flush brake fluid more often. If you guys keep harping on the rear diff, I might just advance that schedule, but for now I follow the documented sched.
Thanks for the reply, i spoke to both dealerships close to me and they said they’ve never had any problems, the one guy in service is real good and told me if you go and search the internet you will find all kinds of horror stories of any car, so I’m just keeping the maintenance up to date and just take good care of the car in general and other than that i love every second of her

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW I don't have the car heavily modified, but there is a chip tune (dyno at 345 whp on 91 oct) and high flow intake. I tracked three times (four days) this year and hope to keep that about that rate moving forward. So my car is far from a show queen, even if I'm nowhere near the 600 bHP crazy builds folks are doing. I'm still beating on the car a little bit. I don't "do canyon runs" or drive recklessly on the freeway but the track does a pretty good job of destroying the tires and putting the engine through thermal cycles.
I’m glad you mentioned that, I’m looking into getting the Renntech HHT that takes it from 355hp to 428hp and is worried that she won’t be able to take that amount of power, but like i said i drive like a grandma but just the odd time here and there where you want to get a good acceleration or just hear the exhaust a little bit but apart from that she’s being babied, do you think she’ll be happy doing taking it all the way up to 428hp?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure. You're talking brake horsepower. "They say" the 4matic has an 18% drivetrain loss, so translating my wHP to bHP with that filter means I'm making 435 bHP. You'll be fine. There are folks doing WAY more, albeit with an upgraded turbo. I'm running the OEM turbo.
Nice, well then she’s going to get bumped up here soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts