Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1 month old 2800 miles GLA250 all the sudden develop a grinding noise on the left rear brake. It more loud when the car start moving reverse. When the disc gets warm, it even happen going forward at low speed.

Anyone has this problem? I thought there must be a rock stuck somewhere causing the scratching noise but I did look and didn't find anything.

Also I am having them checking the noisy cup holder cover at the center console It is quite bothering...

Car is at the dealer now and will update you all once it is being look at.

The dealer I got the car from said Mercedes loner car need to be reserve in advance but for issue like this under warranty, you won't anticipate the problem occurred in advance. I have to ask for a rental car at enterprise which they are paying for it now.

Never expected a new Mercedes has issue like this, I drove 6 BMW before and never have issue during warranty period along with my Toyota Prius which I had for 4 years and never need to visit the dealer for warranty.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I haven't heard of this as a common problem that people are having. Could just be that you got unlucky. At least it will likely be all covered by warranty. A inconvenience, but you should have a working GLA in the end again.

·
Registered
197 Posts
No car or brand is immune from problems. Nor is it unusual to be short of loaners when going in for unscheduled service with any brand including BMW who more often than not did not have a loaner available when I took those cars in when they broke down. The availability of loaners is also dependent on the individual dealer, some keep no more on hand than needed to cover scheduled maintenance and you will be sent to a rental car outfit every time you have unscheduled service at those dealers.

The service adviser will often give you an premium rental if you ask for it. Usually Enterprise isn't going to have anything too nice but at least you can get a little better car. Other than that, don't let it get to you. Most cars will have to go in either to fix initial quality problems or for actual break downs at some point during the warranty period, your experience with your BMW was atypically good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Let's hope it's just something stuck in the brakes and if it isn't the warranty should cover the repair costs of your GLA.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it is a rock wedge between the pad and the rotor, not sure why it didn't fell off and it was stuck in there pretty tight. They have to remove everything to take the rock out.

no cost under warranty.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes, it is a rock wedge between the pad and the rotor, not sure why it didn't fell off and it was stuck in there pretty tight. They have to remove everything to take the rock out.

no cost under warranty.
Good to hear. Was the rotor damaged by the rock?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts