Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The emblem you buy thru Mercedes, for the LED White Emblem light, do
this light up all the time now, or just when you start up the vehicle and after only a few minutes. I had read somewhere that they stayed on, just for a few mintues only, but that they were going to have the newer cars, where they would stay on all the time. I do not see any point of purchasing the LED emblem light if only stays on for few minutes??Also to pay $600.00 for something that cost only
maybe $20.00 at most to make??? Please advise anyone. I was thinking about buying an after market unit for around $100.00 that I have seen.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
The emblem you buy thru Mercedes, for the LED White Emblem light, do
this light up all the time now, or just when you start up the vehicle and after only a few minutes. I had read somewhere that they stayed on, just for a few mintues only, but that they were going to have the newer cars, where they would stay on all the time. I do not see any point of purchasing the LED emblem light if only stays on for few minutes??Also to pay $600.00 for something that cost only
maybe $20.00 at most to make??? Please advise anyone. I was thinking about buying an after market unit for around $100.00 that I have seen.
I bought my GLA with the lit up emblem in November 2015 and the emblem stays lit all the time when the car is on, as far as I know. It is lit when I start the car and still lit when I park the car, so I assume it's on all,the time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2015 LED GLA250 emblem

Does anyone have the name of the best after market place to order this
LED emblem for this car, and need the directions on how to install. Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here's the one I purchased.

I spliced to the LED DRLs on the passenger side headlight (I think grey wire with red stripe). If you don't want to mess with any of the original wiring, you can hook it up to an empty spot in the driver's side fuse box (I think #223 or 229.. it's next to a used one).

Amazon Link

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Led emblem on amazon

Hi, so you saying this one you show, fits perfect on our 2015 GLA250, you just spliced into the running lights and it works perfect. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts