Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For no apparent reason. Went out to garage this morning and found the fuel filler door open.

Closed it ok. 10 minutes later it was open again.

Close it again. STayed closed for about 3 hours....then popped open.

Anyone else having this issue/know a solution?

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wife called from another city citing this problem and then called later the today day saying the door won't open at all. Does anyone know if there is a manual release inside the service panel I can direct her to? It says nothing in the manual. @jnjrappe hopefully yours doesn't progress into not opening.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I find that if I lean against the car while filling, the door locks, making it hard to close the flap. I have a little hatch inside the car, driver side rear, about where the filler flap is-I bet there is a manual release there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fuel door seemed to be a software control issue. Mine went through phases of not being able to open at all to popping open randomly while driving and stationary. Took it in and they did an update and it seems to be fixed. And @tasmerc Thankfully my wife is pretty into cars and knows her way around.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine is currently in the shop right now for the same issue, it too is a 2015 GLA 250 4matic with only 24k miles. Needs a new fuel filler door lock Actuator. Pretty embarrassing driving down the road and having folks flash their high beams at you to alert you to the fuel door open.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Fortunately we live in enlightened times. Go to your dealer and ask for duct tape in your car's body color. My gas flap stays put, but my windshield wipers run at random, no matter what position the switch is in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah, the car needs to be unlocked in order to access the gas door. Makes me glad that my wife doesn't touch my GLA. She probably wouldn't know that the car needs to be unlocked to access the gas door, and I can picture her forcing it open by prying at it, damaging the latch (and maybe the car itself) somehow.

Fortunately we live in enlightened times. Go to your dealer and ask for duct tape in your car's body color. My gas flap stays put, but my windshield wipers run at random, no matter what position the switch is in.
As for the windshield wipers, I believe there is a setting in the dash where you can turn off the moisture detection for the automatic wipers.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Any idea where that setting might be? I don't dare use a car wash because the wiper might come on at an inconvenient moment and be torn off the car. I hate the thought of taking the car in, but I may have to.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
The stalk has an off position. The Owner's Manual suggests that you return to this position before shutting the car off.

My Porsche has the same auto sensing option, but the stalk position defaults to off when the car is shut off (must be moved to a different position and then back to reactivate).

This avoids damage that the wipers could create on a dry windshield. Not the case with MB.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The only way I can slow down the wipers from going randomly is to keep the stalk in the 4 dot middle position, although even there they do occasionally start up for a pass or two.. If I put the stalk in the off position when I stop the car, the wipers always come on when I start the car. Often when the wipers go at random, the rear wiper goes too, although the switch is set for off. I'll guess that the stalk needs replacing. I was hoping that it wouldn't bother me so much that I could wait until the 10K, but we are in ice and snow central, and often the wipers get stuck; if they come on at random, and they are stuck, I don't think that can be good. I can't stand going to the dealer, but I may have to bite the bullet. they are having an open house on Friday-I may try to talk to a tech person and see if this is a known issue.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Sounds like you need dealer intervention.

As for the rear wiper ... if the computer believes the front wipers are enabled, the rear wiper is programmed to operate when you put the transmission into reverse.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thanks Wayne-that explains why the rears come on. In the off position, when I put it in reverse they start, even though the fronts aren't wiping. The computer must sense that the fronts are activated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found this Forum looking for solution to the fuel door not opening - Question did anyone determine if there is a quick release behind the panel in the rear compartment? I've looked all over the car and the internet for this model 2015 GLA 250 4Matic AMG and cant find anything. It seems in this model the control/motor unit for raising and lowering the rear hatch is in the way of any "quick release" mechanism? I tried calling a couple of area dealers service departments but no luck so far...car was out of gas last night and i was able to jar the actuator with a solid thump on the rear quarter panel with the palm of my hand and it released. Then I tried a bit of graphite as a lubricant on the actuator pin but that didn't work. Once I closed the lid again it was stuck. I was able to thump it open again after several tries but this is not a long term solution. I guess it's a trip to the dealer for parts and labor...$$$?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts