Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
WOW!!! That is how I purchased mine As well. This may be a very expensive unused car! Also, on this site, one man has had his 2015 GLA AWD for180K miles and has replaced the differential 2 Times for a total of 3 (yes Three!!) differentials. Wouldlike some money back from Mercedes for A consistent BAD PART , which they obviously know about!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
i too have a 2015 GLA250 4matic Edition 1 and now at 77K miles looks like i need a new rear differential. Going for estimates today but i am EXTREMELY interested in the class action another user suggested. Symptoms: between 1-20mph i hear and feel this sorta knocking sound, as if a piston is misfiring but then i've localized the noise to being somewhere in the rear of the undercarriage. My mechanic told me i need a new differential. Now it seems this is a pretty popular issue with these models. Has anyone had any luck getting this fixed by MB thru their dealer? will MB cover it? i live in Chicago, any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Jacek

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchase my Mercedes GLA 2015 4 matic having 36k in EXCELLENT conditions. befeore buyig it , run a carfax and everiting was A ok ! only one owner /all updates and oil and filter services and recomendations. All of it in the MB dealer were it was purchased and mantained. MB Autorized Dealer.
recently i hear a clicking sound from the rear and a Stuttering (dont know if im saying it correct) So, i bring to them for a checkup. They came with the diagnostic of Replacing the rear differential because Wear Its that posible that at 36k a Mercedes had a wear that magnitude ? MB said the waranty does not cover it anymore and the job its over $4k!
Any second thougts? When i think Mercedes I dont expect that kind of faulty parts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 GLA 250 4matic. At 50k the real diff was replaced, at 100k the rear diff was changed and now at 170k it needs to be replaced again. I hope MB makes good on this. Obviously there is a problem. My 2007 Honda Ridgeline has 300k miles with NO major repairs, my 2007 Lexus GL470 has 160k with no major repairs and my 1970 VW convertible bug still runs great with no major repairs.

I think MB has some rear diff problems, do you?
Yep; @ 100k I have problems with my one.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts