Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if the labeling has been changed, but, on the car I picked up in Sindelfingen, Germany, the label on the filler cover can be interpreted two different ways, the way it's configured. MB of America and and my dealer tell me conflicting info.

My question is: what is the recommended F/R pressure/s on 19" tires with only 2-3 occupants?

·
Registered
816 Posts
The condition you describe tire pressure F&R: 35 psi

Full load (4 or 5 occupants): 36 psi

19" wheels

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just recently have done first service A. Received adjusted tire pressure:
Front 36 psi
Rear 32 psi
Little bit strange, but that is how its suppose to be by MB dealership...
I am on GLA250 btw...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The concierge at my local dealership called yesterday, to see how I liked my car and the European delivery experience. I told him about getting conflicting numbers from people who should know. He told me he would look into it...

When he called back with the answer, he told me where to find the chart on my gas-filler lid. Obviously, he isn't the brightest bulb on the tree...

Later, he called back, again and told me his interpretation of the chart on a GLA 45 in the lot, was 35F 32R.

I concur... At those pressures, the car feels and handles like a sports car should!

·
Registered
816 Posts
I was citing the OEM settings, but with that said I always lower tire pressures a bit so I get better side wall roll (keeps contact patch more stable) and thus handling increases. OEM pressures are based on (1) rolling resistance (2) tire wear (3) ride and far 4th (4) handling.

Sometimes the TPS system will give me fits with lower pressures (~32-33 psi all around)

·
Registered
470 Posts
If I recall correctly, you can set up what PSI you desire so it doesn't give you a warning if your PSI of choice is too low.

·
Registered
47 Posts
On my GLA 250, I run 30 lbs pressure in all 4 tires. It ride great and much better than 35 psi all around. It handles well, but not like my Corvettes, overall my wife and I are extremely happy with our GLA, it is a fun ride with all of the comforts........Tom

·
Registered
355 Posts
Got my tires rotated a week ago and MB helped to pump the tires and I noticed that the tire pressures on my 20" are 37 PSI front and 35 PSI rear.

Reactions: rvittori

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just recently have done first service A. Received adjusted tire pressure:
Front 36 psi
Rear 32 psi
Little bit strange, but that is how its suppose to be by MB dealership...
I am on GLA250 btw...
That's the pressures for a CLA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts