Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning it for a year I still love the new GLA. But I am annoyed that the audio system must be on to use the rear view camera. Has anyone discovered a way to remedy this problem?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the forum! My 2016 GLA250 camera comes on when in reverse regardless of whether the audio system is on or not. But when the camera is activated, audio controls are frozen.

·
Registered
180 Posts
After owning it for a year I still love the new GLA. But I am annoyed that the audio system must be on to use the rear view camera. Has anyone discovered a way to remedy this problem?
I think you're talking about not being able to turn off the display entirely and still being able to use the rear view camera. It's true you can't, but you can mute the audio and switch the display to the clock. Not exactly the same as turning off the display, but close.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
No, it only comes on in reverse, but will stay on in drive until approximately 5 MPH.

A situation that can be annoying. If a song I can't stand comes on XM as I start to back out of my parking spot, I can't change the channel until exceeding 5 MPH forward ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Annoying to say the least. Seems like the knobs on the controls below the screen should work in an emergency!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts