Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
My GLA is 2 weeks old and the check engine light is on. Seems ok but maybe a little rough on downshifting when slowing down. Could be imagining that though too. Bringing it in Friday but rather unhappy that there is an issue already. Other than that, loving the car. Traded in my Cadillac SRX for this and really like it a lot but not if it's not going to be reliable. Hoping it's just a fluke thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. This morning it seemed more sluggish when coasting. BUt I could be making it up because now I'm paranoid. It also seemed to be running a little hot given that it was zero degrees and it was sitting above the midpoint temp wise.. We shall see.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi there,

What the current mileage on your GLA? Sometimes the check engine light will come on because a simple censor has gone bad from the factory. Hopefully its nothing serious.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi there,

What the current mileage on your GLA? Sometimes the check engine light will come on because a simple censor has gone bad from the factory. Hopefully its nothing serious.
Very true, sometimes it's something as simple as that, at least I hope.
Might also be a case of resetting the light if the techs don't discover any real issue going on.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I owned my CLA just 12 months and somewhere in there (sooner than later) the CEL came on. It was an oxygen sensor. Quick trip to the dealer and it was fixed. Never happened again. Take it in but don't panic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. The light was on any time I drove today (which was minimal) but then went off tonight. I don't know. Crazy. Hoping it's just a sensor. I will let you know what they say.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Could be fuel tank cap. If you didn't get it tight, check engine light will come on. After it is tightened, and several engine start stops with no further faults, light will go off. Had this experience on wife's GLK. Made an appointment to take it in, but cancelled two days later when it went away. Hasn't happened again since.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just had my check engine light go on, after 12 months. At the same time the spots/Eco/manual gearbox switch has stopped working and the vehicle drives only in sports mode. Will be calling the dealer tomorrow. Hoping it will be an easy fix.

A few weeks ago I received a dashboard message that reverse was not working and I should call my workshop. Car seemed to go go from 1st gear to 4th gear only. After switching off for few minutes this problem disappeared.

·
Registered
1 Posts
4 months, 9K miles and the CEL came on. Defective O2 sensor. Service advisor makes a joke about the great MB warranty. The coffee and danish at the dealership is fine, but I really don't want this to become a habit:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts