Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy winter wheels for my GLA 45 AMG, and I have decided to go for 235/50/18 tyres as they are identical diameter with the 20" wheels I have now. My question is, can the 18" wheels from CLA 45 or A45 AMG or any aftermarket that fit those cars , fit in my car without clearance problems? What wheel specs have you opted for if somebody has taken this step?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Rolling diameter and barrel diameter are very different numbers.

Yes, the rolling diameter of a 20" tire/wheel setup can be same (+/- 2%) as a 19" or 18" set up BUT the barrel diameter is very different… make sure the 18" wheel (meaning the alloy) will clear the brake calipers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I know. That's why I want to make sure that if I take 18" wheels made for tha other 45 AMG models that come as standard with 18" wheels, they will clear our brakes. As I think the brakes are the same in all models , my guess would be that it would not be any problem with the wheels neither. But this is just my guess...

·
Registered
816 Posts
For US spec'd GLA45s, the standard AMG wheel is 19" and option is 20". The GLA250 brake discs vs the GLA45s are about 1.2" smaller thus would throw the brake caliper out further. Also, again for US spec'd models, the AMG performance brakes have larger and different calipers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the manual there is option for 18" winter wheels though, so I reckon they can fit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Today at Renntech Stage 2 459 bhp A45 clubsport coilovers, Renntech's German demo car here in the UK .... ecu tune flash and uprated turbo... on A45.... transmission is the weak point on the car... really impressed but a few A45's had standard oem MB AMG 18's and fitted fine with the brake setup, which is identical to the GLA 45 ....
so should be ok for winters but would look small in the wheel arches, imho 19's would look a lot better plus not much difference is price for tyres in either fitment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts