Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
AFAIK no r17 clears the BBK and some r18 won’t either so you have to ensure they’ll clear before purchasing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFAIK no r17 clears the BBK and some r18 won’t either so you have to ensure they’ll clear before purchasing.
Damm it, i bought them already, they were really cheap, 17inch rtx with brand new nokian hakk8 for winter!! 😩😩

·
Super Moderator
947 Posts
As the GLA can handle up to 20 inches wheels from the factory, your 17 should fit without question. The only way they would not fit is if you were on some super large tires.

·
Super Moderator
2,025 Posts
The problem is the brake calipers. Make sure you have clearance when the wheels are installed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
As the GLA can handle up to 20 inches wheels from the factory, your 17 should fit without question. The only way they would not fit is if you were on some super large tires.
I’m confident r17 doesn’t fit over the caliper. My r18 is tight…

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Wheel Tread

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Wheel

·
Super Moderator
947 Posts
What year and model do you have? AMG; larger brakes could hit the smaller wheels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased aftermarket MSW Type 30 w/machined lip, 17x7.5 with Blizzak WS80 235/55R17 tires from TireRack as my winter wheel/tire setup & they all clear fine. Been using them for yrs on my 2019 GLA250 AMG version. Original wheels (for summer) are 19" AMG & these have a very similar design

Don't think it has the larger AMG Calipers though...

·
Super Moderator
2,025 Posts
AMG calipers require 19" wheels although some (only some) 18s have been reported to fit. 17" with actual AMG brakes would be hard to believe unless they were ultra thin steel wheels (maybe).

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don’t think there’s any 17” wheel that will fit over the AMG calipers. I’d be impressed if someone found some! I would guess that 95% (or more) of the 18” wheels out there would not clear the calipers.

I found some 18” Enkei PF01 racing wheels with the inside wheel clearance claimed as extra large for caliper clearance with big brakes, and they only clear by 4mm. Just barely enough room to fit a wooden paint stir stink in there to remove packed snow and ice from the wheel after roosting around in the deep snow.

I always carry one of those sticks to remedy an out of balance wheel after some fun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don’t think there’s any 17” wheel that will fit over the AMG calipers. I’d be impressed if someone found some! I would guess that 95% (or more) of the 18” wheels out there would not clear the calipers.

I found some 18” Enkei PF01 racing wheels with the inside wheel clearance claimed as extra large for caliper clearance with big brakes, and they only clear by 4mm. Just barely enough room to fit a wooden paint stir stink in there to remove packed snow and ice from the wheel after roosting around in the deep snow.

I always carry one of those sticks to remedy an out of balance wheel after some fun.
any pics with the 18" pf01's? i'm considering 18s for my summer wheel setup - really eyeing the konig countergrams lately. not sure how they might look tho w/h&r springs, in terms of filling the wheel gap, etc. tia (y)

·
Registered
144 Posts
any pics with the 18" pf01's? i'm considering 18s for my summer wheel setup - really eyeing the konig countergrams lately. not sure how they might look tho w/h&r springs, in terms of filling the wheel gap, etc. tia (y)
Sure, I'll see if I have any, and if not, I'll snap a couple dirty pics for reference.

With the tires I put on them, the final diameter is very close to the factory spec, so the gap between the car body and the tire is pretty much identical. It just looks different with the smaller wheel compared to the 20's I have. You definitely want to try find a tire with the same final diameter for sure. Or at least as close as you can get.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts