Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently changed the battery and am currently receiving 0 volts of power. The car was in an accident and I recently had the srs module underneath the dashboard sent out to be rebuilt. The car would turn on when the module was unplugged. Now, nothing. Any help is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1,661 Posts
Are you measuring 0 vdc at the battery or somewhere in the system? Are you using the physical key in the ignition switch or the pushbutton that requires interface with the FOB (whose battery has a limited life time)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you measuring 0 vdc at the battery or somewhere in the system? Are you using the physical key in the ignition switch or the pushbutton that requires interface with the FOB (whose battery has a limited life time)?
The physical key. I can jump the car to get it started. Not to sure what the problem is

·
Super Moderator
1,661 Posts
Still sounds like a dead battery to me. What does the voltage across the battery terminals read when you are trying to crank? You may be suffering from a shorter cell or a damaged electrode.

·
Super Moderator
350 Posts
When you say "jump the car" do you mean a manual transmission and rolling clutch engagement start or that you can use a "jumper cable"/charger/tender to get it started?

You should of course have 12VDC across the disconnected battery and 14VDC across the battery when running the Alternator. Note that you also need sufficient cold cranking amps (CCA) to overcome the starter's electrical inertia and often you'll have the proper voltage but not the amperage given a degraded battery.

Benz had to replace the main battery on my FL GLA only a year after delivery, so as Wayne cites I would suspect the battery itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts