Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

Does anyone know if you can remove the "12V MAX. 15A" spring loaded cover that is in the centre console?

I took a photo from the internet for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same question. I want to keep a USB charger in the 12V socket, but the small cover on the 12V socket prevents the large cover over the whole thing from closing.

I've tried using a piece of wire to keep the small cover fully open. That looks reasonably neat, and almost keeps it out of the way. The large cover can close, but it can't click and stay closed, so it's no good.

I'd rather not have to dremel anything if possible!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Interesting, ours didn't have a cover, just the cigarette lighter. Not sure if this was an option or not, but looks like we got the smoker's package. Neither one of us smoke, so the lighter is a waste, but with it removed, I don't have a cover that will get in the way of closing the larger cover either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Interesting, ours didn't have a cover, just the cigarette lighter. Not sure if this was an option or not, but looks like we got the smoker's package. Neither one of us smoke, so the lighter is a waste, but with it removed, I don't have a cover that will get in the way of closing the larger cover either.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the US all Mercedes-Benz cars come with the "smokers package" as standard equipment (or at least all 5 of the Mercedes that I have owned have come with it).

·
Registered
608 Posts
Mine has smokers package-cigarette lighter. 2015 GLA250 FWD

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
70 Posts
Does anyone know the part # for the nonsmoking option? I have heard it referred to as the "smoker delete" option, but that sounds like Hoyle getting rid of the people instead of the ashtray! Storage is so scarce in the USA edition, I am looking to get back what the ashtray and lighter take up if the nonsmoking option give a better use of space! TiA!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts