Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the 10.25 screen android 10
and installed it.
the problem is that when I use phone calls the I hear it from the android speaker and no from the OEM car speakrs. how can I fix it?
When I hear music it is from the OEM speakrs but not on phone calls.

·
Super Moderator
710 Posts
It may be how your aftermarket Android screen is wired into the OEM harness/loom. But it could also be the way your phone is Bluetooth affiliated. And as we also know frequent cellphone firmware updates can cause issues with a configuration that was not designed around same. However I think you'll be best served by first asking the device manufacturer. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2018 GLA 250
9 Posts
I recently bought the 10.25 screen android 10
and installed it.
the problem is that when I use phone calls the I hear it from the android speaker and no from the OEM car speakrs. how can I fix it?
When I hear music it is from the OEM speakrs but not on phone calls.
Did you install it yourself or went to a shop?

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
113 Posts
I installed the Carplay/Android Auto interface unit it my car (uses existing screen) and one of the settings I had to change was to have it let me use the phone's Bluetooth for calls. Do you have that option in the setting menu for your new unit? If so, try changing that to see if it helps.

What do you think of the unit otherwise?

·
Registered
2018 GLA 250
9 Posts
I installed the same screen this weekend, and I am having problems as well. Only difference is that sometimes I don't hear anything at all when calls come in and I have to quickly grab my phone and switch over to speaker (phone).

I previously asked if you installed it yourself or had it professionally done because I wanted to know if you had any loose unused wires that the directions do not say anything about one way or another. The directions are very lacking and the instructional videos I have found online all seem to have different screens, with different cables.

Also, I don't see a way I can access an NTG screen so that I can play my radio, or even change radio stations. I can press radio on my comand unit and it'll play a station but I have no way to change it. Very frustrating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts