LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-21-2019, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Car Year & Model: 2018 GLA45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2018 GLA45 Recaro Seats

I'm looking for a set of the "GLA45 AMG Performance Seats" made by Recaro that came as an option (555) in 2018 if you ordered the vehicle with them. I'm just looking to swap out the standard AMG seats, so if you bought your GLA with the optional seats, and would prefer to have the standard seats, we need to chat! Or I will buy them straight up if there's any out there.

If anyone has any tips on where to look for these seats other than the dealer parts lists, let me know.

Thank you!

To hesitate is a waste of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-05-2019, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear check on Reecoupons, I saw there a few days back.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-21-2019, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichZilla View Post
I'm looking for a set of the "GLA45 AMG Performance Seats" made by Recaro that came as an option (555) in 2018 if you ordered the vehicle with them. I'm just looking to swap out the standard AMG seats, so if you bought your GLA with the optional seats, and would prefer to have the standard seats, we need to chat! Or I will buy them straight up if there's any out there.

If anyone has any tips on where to look for these seats other than the dealer parts lists, let me know.

Thank you!
Any luck on finding these Recaro seats? I would also be interested in switching mine over to these seats. They look amazing.

post #4 of 8 Old 11-21-2019, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlinbitt View Post
Any luck on finding these Recaro seats? I would also be interested in switching mine over to these seats. They look amazing.
Nope. I've had no luck at all on this subject. I haven't spent much time checking the salvage companies though. I'm not too sure how to find them, besides the local ones.

post #5 of 8 Old 11-24-2019, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Since 2015, we have had 4 AMG45's, two with the Recaros and two without and each in Alcantara and in leather.
Both my wife and I agree, the sport seats look great but are not that comfortable for longer trips (IOHO) as the lower back support is not as good as the standard 'comfort seat'.
The covering makes a huge difference as well. The leather is slippery while the Alcantara is not.
Our opinion is the best seat for every day use is the the standard comfort seat with the standard Alcantara material. Not the best looking but keeps you in place, is supportive, adjustable and easy to get in and out of.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-24-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZGLAguy View Post
...Our opinion is the best seat for every day use is the the standard comfort seat with the standard Alcantara material. Not the best looking but keeps you in place, is supportive, adjustable and easy to get in and out of.
Agreed, for most people this is certainly the case. The performance seats are pretty aggressive for sure, so most will find them very uncomfortable compared to the standard seat. And yes, the entry and exit of the performance seat is much more cumbersome. the standard seats are for 99% of the daily drivers, definitely.

But for me, I absolutely prefer the performance seat for many reasons. First is, I have spent a fair amount of time in full-on race seats, so that style is "normal" to me. I also drive the car "spiritedly" on pretty much every drive, and the standard seats do NOT keep me in place at all. I roll around in the seat like a pinball. I also intend this car to spend time on the racetrack, and add a 5-point harness for greater seating stability.

This is what I've done for all my daily driver cars since 2001. Racing seat, 5-point harness. It has been MUCH easier in my previous vehicles (from other manufacturers) with fewer safety systems. I could install aftermarket racing seats in my GLA45, but I'd prefer to keep the factory Mercedes Benz safety features fully intact if possible. Installing the factory performance seats seems like the best option for me, but we'll see. Probably have to go with an aftermarket solution.

So what I'm hoping is that maybe someone bought their GLA45 with the performance seats, and hates them. I WILL GLADLY PAY TO TRADE YOU for my standard seats!!!

post #7 of 8 Old 11-24-2019, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichZilla View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZGLAguy View Post
...Our opinion is the best seat for every day use is the the standard comfort seat with the standard Alcantara material. Not the best looking but keeps you in place, is supportive, adjustable and easy to get in and out of.
Agreed, for most people this is certainly the case. The performance seats are pretty aggressive for sure, so most will find them very uncomfortable compared to the standard seat. And yes, the entry and exit of the performance seat is much more cumbersome. the standard seats are for 99% of the daily drivers, definitely.

But for me, I absolutely prefer the performance seat for many reasons. First is, I have spent a fair amount of time in full-on race seats, so that style is "normal" to me. I also drive the car "spiritedly" on pretty much every drive, and the standard seats do NOT keep me in place at all. I roll around in the seat like a pinball. I also intend this car to spend time on the racetrack, and add a 5-point harness for greater seating stability.

This is what I've done for all my daily driver cars since 2001. Racing seat, 5-point harness. It has been MUCH easier in my previous vehicles (from other manufacturers) with fewer safety systems. I could install aftermarket racing seats in my GLA45, but I'd prefer to keep the factory Mercedes Benz safety features fully intact if possible. Installing the factory performance seats seems like the best option for me, but we'll see. Probably have to go with an aftermarket solution.

So what I'm hoping is that maybe someone bought their GLA45 with the performance seats, and hates them. I WILL GLADLY PAY TO TRADE YOU for my standard seats!!!
Fully agree with this but ... Beware ... As you most likely already know, many (all?) States do not consider 5 point harnesses to be legal for road use. And yes, at least some states will ticket you with a fix it ticket.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-24-2019, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Fully agree with this but ... Beware ... As you most likely already know, many (all?) States do not consider 5 point harnesses to be legal for road use. And yes, at least some states will ticket you with a fix it ticket.
Wow, I actually had no idea! Good to know. I'll check on that to see if I can find out the details for Minnesota and surrounding states.

One of the local radio stations has a State Police Officer on the morning program to answer questions from the public. I'll see if they know anything.

I always wear the factory belt over the top of the harness. I don't replace the factory belt, or stop using it. The factory belt is ALWAYS used for me. I have a hard time moving the car in the driveway without automatically using it. The harness is only used "when needed".

Thanks for sharing Wayne!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page