7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 Old 05-10-2015, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiusamg View Post
I'm thinking of buying a GLA 45, but the throttle response delay from a standing start was just horrible. Does the throttle box unit completely eradicate that problem, and give you the throttle response, of say, an NA car?

Dunno cassiusamg
I have the Rebellion tune and that fixes that problem, The car is great now without being radical at all driving around town
I believe the car is dangerous the way it is set up in the standard form
caug likes this.

GLA45 Burger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 Old 05-10-2015, 09:33 PM

Also I just tried the fuel saving mode the car was stone cold and it was perfect ...

GLA45 Burger
post #23 of 36 Old 05-11-2015, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
It's weird because I drove the CLA250 for a week and that car is more than willing to move from a stand still by simply putting your feet off the brake pedal including reverse and I was really surprised.

In the GLA45, you take your put off the brake pedal and it barely moves froward and when even more noticeable when reversing, it doesn't move until a few second after you takes your foot of the brake when it very, very slowly crawls back. It couldn't be the weight difference as the GLA is only about 30-50 lbs heavier?

. . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GLA 45 AMG
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Black Leather-AMG Performance Exhaust-AMG Performance Seats (Recaro)-Panorama Sunroof-AMG Illuminated Door Sills-Premium Package-Multimedia Package-Blind Spot Assist-Tinted-Debadged-

post #24 of 36 Old 05-11-2015, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Is the parking brake engaged when this delay occurs? The GLA has a feature where the parking brake will automatically disengage when throttle is applied, but it does sometimes take a moment.

2015 GLA250 4Matic in Night Black w/Black MB-Tex
Non-Sport with 18" Twin 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels
Bi-Xenon Headlamps
Satin Brown Poplar Wood Trim
Keyless Go
Panorama Roof
Premium Package
Multimedia Package
PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist
Blind Spot Assist
post #25 of 36 Old 05-11-2015, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Definitely not, i've gotten to a habit of pulling the brake off immediately.

Plus it also happens at a stoplight.

With everything said, I do believe this is normal because several reviews I've read and watched has the same complaint. Question is my MB made it this way and why not make an easy fix when an easy software upgrade will solve the problem?

. . .

GLA 45 AMG

-Black Leather-AMG Performance Exhaust-AMG Performance Seats (Recaro)-Panorama Sunroof-AMG Illuminated Door Sills-Premium Package-Multimedia Package-Blind Spot Assist-Tinted-Debadged-
post #26 of 36 Old 05-12-2015, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscar View Post
Definitely not, i've gotten to a habit of pulling the brake off immediately.

Plus it also happens at a stoplight.

With everything said, I do believe this is normal because several reviews I've read and watched has the same complaint. Question is my MB made it this way and why not make an easy fix when an easy software upgrade will solve the problem?
Yep, most of the car journo's complain about reverse and 1st gear. I never got to try reverse on my test drive. The transmission is almost as bad as Audi's old CVT transmission, eek.
post #27 of 36 Old 05-12-2015, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If the GLA 45 had something like the PDK or even the S tronic transmission, the car would be close to perfect. There's only a hint of turbo lag, suspension is nice and firm, just how i like it, and the steering feel and weight is up there with the Porsche 911 991. It's a crying shame
post #28 of 36 Old 05-12-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiusamg View Post
If the GLA 45 had something like the PDK or even the S tronic transmission, the car would be close to perfect. There's only a hint of turbo lag, suspension is nice and firm, just how i like it, and the steering feel and weight is up there with the Porsche 911 991. It's a crying shame

Try this mate

Throttle Response System for the A/CLA/GLA 45 AMG

TRS (Throttle Response System) for A/CLA/GLA 45 AMG cars.

This is a plug and play system that dramatically increases throttle response by modifying the signal between your accelerator pedal and ECU.
The system features 3-way map switching at the press of a button to include stock, sport and 'REBELLION' modes.

This system will work with stock vehicles and also complement any vehicle already running a tuning system to give a more dynamic driving experience.

store.rebellionautomotive.co.uk/throttle-response-system-for-the-a-cla-gl...

GLA45 Burger
post #29 of 36 Old 07-06-2015, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Have you installed the throttle response system yourself? How complicated was the job? And how seamless is the performance enhancement to the current slow shifting?
Thanks!
post #30 of 36 Old 03-18-2016, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZomZom View Post
Is the parking brake engaged when this delay occurs? The GLA has a feature where the parking brake will automatically disengage when throttle is applied, but it does sometimes take a moment.
This morning I accidentally fat fingered the parking brake button when rolling backward out of my driveway... was attempting to press the manual button (which is RIGHT BESIDE the parking brake button!!!) in preparation for when I started going forward. Car of course came to a jarring halt, while it didn't stall, it sounded like it didn't quite disengage as nice as it should have (cant really describe it any other way). Luckily I was rolling backward at about half a walking pace, no gas applied. So watch out for this!!! Hopefully there's some kind of fail safe that you cant just engage the parking brake while moving, but maybe I was going too slow for that system to recognize and it locked anyway? Anybody else have this happen?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page