Transmission mapping - Page 2 - Mercedes GLA Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 Old 03-20-2015, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
The mapping was fine for me i just didn't like the slow throttle response that created a lag before power came on. I got the rebellion throttle box and the ecu. I didn't like the ecu as it created too much power abruptly at 3k rpm and then the turbo started making a louder noise coming off the throttle so i sold it. The throttle box though is perfect as the car is far more responsive when you want it to be or turn it off and it is as stock and good for C mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 Old 03-21-2015, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBGLA45 View Post
Just for clarity, the TCU mapping issue noted in this thread is specific to the GLA250? I am curious what those with the GLA45 think of the tranny mapping as delivered??
I've driven the GLA45 a few times, and first gear is just as useless as on the GLA250. It tends to be just as finicky when first driven, then slowly adapts.

The most redeeming factor of the GLA45's transmission is the fuel burnoff 'brap!' you get from the exhaust when upshifting

Forum Moderator
2015 GLA250 4Matic Base 'Night Black' w/illuminated star
HarmonKardon Sound
HG Motorsports Intake
HG Motorsports Motor Mount
Carlssön C-Tronic
Forge BOV spacer
Mercedes CLA250 Cross-drilled Rotors
Muffler-Delete Exhaust
Advanti 19x8.5 Flow-Formed wheels,245/45
JP Carbon CF Mirrors
Mercedes roof rack

2015 GLA250 4Matic (Wife's)
'MTN Grey' w/LED DRL's
2007 SLK55 //AMG Black/ R171 Eurocharged tune/x-pipe delete/Secondaries-delete/19's/Spyder headlights
post #13 of 36 Old 03-21-2015, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by natrat View Post
The mapping was fine for me i just didn't like the slow throttle response that created a lag before power came on. I got the rebellion throttle box and the ecu. I didn't like the ecu as it created too much power abruptly at 3k rpm and then the turbo started making a louder noise coming off the throttle so i sold it. The throttle box though is perfect as the car is far more responsive when you want it to be or turn it off and it is as stock and good for C mode.
Strange thing to complain that it was too powerful with the tuning box :P
caug likes this.

GLA 45 AMG with Renntech stage 1 ECU Flash, Nortech air intake, Mountain gray performance exhaust, 20" black AMG wheels with 245/40 R20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

post #14 of 36 Old 03-22-2015, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalus View Post
Strange thing to complain that it was too powerful with the tuning box :P
I liked the power, it was just a pain in the but to live with, right around 2800 rpms it hits like a sledge hammer and i ended up short shifting around it which is lame or punching it to clear that area to get smooth drive.
post #15 of 36 Old 03-26-2015, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I have been driving it in manual most of the time lately and is great fun. S mode still shifts up too early for my taste.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #16 of 36 Old 04-09-2015, 11:33 AM

The GLA45 ECU is the same setting as CLA45. It is widely agreed by the CLA45 drivers the S is still too conservative. There is a need for an S+ mode which almost all other sporty cars have. For an AMG not to have S+ is a shame. It may be to get a better mpg rating.

You can use paddles to downshift and hold gears in C and S modes, but it is only temporary.

Last edited by dtc100; 04-09-2015 at 11:35 AM.
post #17 of 36 Old 04-09-2015, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
I thought MB updated the shift points of the GLA45 and it is suppose to be faster than that of the CLA45?

. . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GLA 45 AMG
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Black Leather-AMG Performance Exhaust-AMG Performance Seats (Recaro)-Panorama Sunroof-AMG Illuminated Door Sills-Premium Package-Multimedia Package-Blind Spot Assist-Tinted-Debadged-
post #18 of 36 Old 04-09-2015, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
I liked the power, it was just a pain in the but to live with, right around 2800 rpms it hits like a sledge hammer and i ended up short shifting around it which is lame or punching it to clear that area to get smooth drive.
Go for the Carlsson unit! I love it!

Forum Moderator
2015 GLA250 4Matic Base 'Night Black' w/illuminated star
HarmonKardon Sound
HG Motorsports Intake
HG Motorsports Motor Mount
Carlssön C-Tronic
Forge BOV spacer
Mercedes CLA250 Cross-drilled Rotors
Muffler-Delete Exhaust
Advanti 19x8.5 Flow-Formed wheels,245/45
JP Carbon CF Mirrors
Mercedes roof rack

2015 GLA250 4Matic (Wife's)
'MTN Grey' w/LED DRL's
2007 SLK55 //AMG Black/ R171 Eurocharged tune/x-pipe delete/Secondaries-delete/19's/Spyder headlights
post #19 of 36 Old 04-10-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscar View Post
I thought MB updated the shift points of the GLA45 and it is suppose to be faster than that of the CLA45?
According to resident AMG Private Lounge moderator, the software in the A45, CLA45 and GLA45 are identical. If the GLA45 uses an updated software, so is CLA45.

If one has an earlier version of the CLA45, he might not have had the chance to update the software by a dealer yet.

Last edited by dtc100; 04-10-2015 at 11:10 AM.
post #20 of 36 Old 05-10-2015, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm thinking of buying a GLA 45, but the throttle response delay from a standing start was just horrible. Does the throttle box unit completely eradicate that problem, and give you the throttle response, of say, an NA car?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page