LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-25-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Car Year & Model: 2018 GLA45 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Harman Kardon Volume/Bass adjustment Pandora

Hi all - New owner of a 2018 GLA45, upgraded from a 2017 GLA250. Couple questions if you can help:
1. In my 2017 I could see the volume level when turning up or down, on the 2018 I cannot, is this normal or a setting?
2. When using Pandora over Apple Carplay can you change the bass, treble, mid? If yes, How?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-27-2019, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Very interesting.

Check the NTG version on your 2018, I am curious. Are you NTG 5.0? I guess you have to be if you have carplay?

I have a 2015 45 with the H/K system and COMAND on NTG 4.7. I do not have a volume indicator. It bugs me a little bit, but I had assumed there was nothing I could do. I would like to have it if I knew I could. My case is very different than yours. But I am still surprised to hear the 2017 had volume indicator.

I like to demo the stereo for folks because I have a very very extensive upgrade in the car, and when it comes to the absolute volume fun-time, it's nice to dial a volume level because sometimes music is recorded above 0db, or in my case, live music is not always clip-free at high volumes. It's annoying to wait for the quiet passage, max the volume out, then count down 10 clicks on the knob to get to the right spot when I could just dial in a volume level and go.

It's a very minor nuisance, but I'd still like to see the volume level.

I wonder if it is a 45 thing, an HK thing, a COMAND thing (I don't know if your 250 was HK or comand), or an NTG thing, or something else.

---------------

I don;t have carplay, so no help there. I put the phone in a cradle installed next to the screen and play pandora over bluetooth while waze is running. It works frankly just fine.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-30-2019, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbitt View Post
Very interesting.

Check the NTG version on your 2018, I am curious. Are you NTG 5.0? I guess you have to be if you have carplay?

I have a 2015 45 with the H/K system and COMAND on NTG 4.7. I do not have a volume indicator. It bugs me a little bit, but I had assumed there was nothing I could do. I would like to have it if I knew I could. My case is very different than yours. But I am still surprised to hear the 2017 had volume indicator.

I like to demo the stereo for folks because I have a very very extensive upgrade in the car, and when it comes to the absolute volume fun-time, it's nice to dial a volume level because sometimes music is recorded above 0db, or in my case, live music is not always clip-free at high volumes. It's annoying to wait for the quiet passage, max the volume out, then count down 10 clicks on the knob to get to the right spot when I could just dial in a volume level and go.

It's a very minor nuisance, but I'd still like to see the volume level.

I wonder if it is a 45 thing, an HK thing, a COMAND thing (I don't know if your 250 was HK or comand), or an NTG thing, or something else.

---------------

I don;t have carplay, so no help there. I put the phone in a cradle installed next to the screen and play pandora over bluetooth while waze is running. It works frankly just fine.
Noob question but how do I check my NTG version? My 2017 GLA250 did not have HK, just the standard Comand.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-30-2019, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Engineering menu. Hunt arount till you find a comment about ntg45, ntg47, ntg50
post #5 of 6 Old 09-30-2019, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
For Samfsu, I believe what Whiterabbit is suggesting is to go to the Engineering Mode on your GLA system console. To find out how to do so, there are a variety of posts and threads in our forum archives with advice that worked, as well as did not work. They are accessed from our Search box on the upper right of most browsers.

Two points to keep in mind. First, this is an international forum with a variety of GLA derivatives among our members; one solution does not fit all. You don't state where you are located, but that could make a difference (you can add GLA model, year, and location to your member profile from the User CP link on the upper right of most browsers). Second, and more importantly, is the law of unintended consequences. If you are not confident in restoring where you started if you click the wrong button, perhaps better asking a dealer for assistance.

Good luck!

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights
post #6 of 6 Old 10-22-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks Turbolink. I added my location and year and model. I am pretty confident I can navigate. I will look at previous posts. Thanks.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page