LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 08-02-2019, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA45 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New Rotors and Breakpads Question

Hey guys so I think it’s time to replace my rotors and pads all around. Now I like doing my own work so I’m not worried about the labor. So to get to the point has anyone bought the Brembo rotors and pads before? Going through Mercedes Stealership to get the parts is crazy expensive compared to Brembo’s website.
Do you guys recommend any other brand or website or should I just go ahead and buy them from Brembo. I rather stay OEM btw

-TamasLeon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 08-02-2019, 10:03 AM

Car Year & Model: 2015 CLA45 AMG !
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Rockauto.com I just bought 2 front Brembo rotors (AMG) for 200$...

Campagna T-Rex 14R 2011
Mercedes CLA 45 AMG 4Matic 2015
post #3 of 23 Old 08-03-2019, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I can highly recommend DISC ITALIA HYPERCERAMIC pads. I got them from brakeworld. Almost dustless and same stopping power as OEM.

post #4 of 23 Old 08-03-2019, 01:04 PM

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA 45 AMG
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrians1 View Post
I can highly recommend DISC ITALIA HYPERCERAMIC pads. I got them from brakeworld. Almost dustless and same stopping power as OEM.

i have these as well, good stuff!
c

2015 GLA 45 DESIGNO MOUNTAIN GREY MATTE, 19"OZ ULTRALEGGERA HTL, AMS AIR INTAKE,AMS TITANIUM STRUT BAR, GIRO ROTORS, BRONDEX 200 cel DOWN PIPE, AMR PERFORMANCE STG2
post #5 of 23 Old 08-04-2019, 03:11 PM

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA45 AMG 24k miles
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamasLeon View Post
Hey guys so I think it’s time to replace my rotors and pads all around. Now I like doing my own work so I’m not worried about the labor. So to get to the point has anyone bought the Brembo rotors and pads before? Going through Mercedes Stealership to get the parts is crazy expensive compared to Brembo’s website.
Do you guys recommend any other brand or website or should I just go ahead and buy them from Brembo. I rather stay OEM btw

Consider ebay, I bought a kit like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Mercede...wAAOSw4PxZ9zGh

ebay sent me a 10% coupon around holidays last year which put the entire OEM kit well under $800, free ship. Oh I see the front sensor is not in this one, I had a new one of those included as well.

heavily modified 1995 Ford Bronco. SOLD to friend, to move to GLA 45.
Fun car for wife and I, 2009 Pontiac Solstice Coupe, #492 of 1266 made. 2.0T with 290HP/325 lb/ft.
Wife's DD is a 2019 Volvo XC40 Rtype.

Last edited by Shadofax; 08-04-2019 at 03:14 PM.
post #6 of 23 Old 08-05-2019, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Autohausaz.com

I use them for Porsche brake jobs and am about to do my pads/rotors on the 45 as well.
post #7 of 23 Old 08-05-2019, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
I noticed the same. Brembo is $100 each for the front, $130 each for the rear. $460 is a GREAT price compared to buying OEM, or the risk of buying counterfeit from ebay (which are still more expensive than $460). The rotors are consumable anyways, right?

Any reason not to consider the brembo rotors? I don't see any.

--------

Now pads, I wonder how much discussion would be fun for those. Our brakes are already very good, but I wonder if we can't get even better but still be driveable on the street. In my case, I can live with gobs of dust but I don't want noisy brakes. seems there are not too many people online talking about great brakes that are quiet.

Most seem to want squeeky brakes that are dustless. Or they want the unicorn, no noise, dust, and great stopping power...

Good to know about DISC ITALIA HYPERCERAMIC pads, but if they don't produce dust, then I have to wonder if they are noisy? And if not, I struggle to believe they are the unicorn that can do all three.... so what is the shortcoming?
post #8 of 23 Old 08-05-2019, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
All pads produce dust. It's just a choice of what color
post #9 of 23 Old 08-06-2019, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbitt View Post
I noticed the same. Brembo is $100 each for the front, $130 each for the rear. $460 is a GREAT price compared to buying OEM, or the risk of buying counterfeit from ebay (which are still more expensive than $460). The rotors are consumable anyways, right?

Any reason not to consider the brembo rotors? I don't see any.

--------

Now pads, I wonder how much discussion would be fun for those. Our brakes are already very good, but I wonder if we can't get even better but still be driveable on the street. In my case, I can live with gobs of dust but I don't want noisy brakes. seems there are not too many people online talking about great brakes that are quiet.

Most seem to want squeeky brakes that are dustless. Or they want the unicorn, no noise, dust, and great stopping power...

Good to know about DISC ITALIA HYPERCERAMIC pads, but if they don't produce dust, then I have to wonder if they are noisy? And if not, I struggle to believe they are the unicorn that can do all three.... so what is the shortcoming?
none.

2015 GLA 45 DESIGNO MOUNTAIN GREY MATTE, 19"OZ ULTRALEGGERA HTL, AMS AIR INTAKE,AMS TITANIUM STRUT BAR, GIRO ROTORS, BRONDEX 200 cel DOWN PIPE, AMR PERFORMANCE STG2
post #10 of 23 Old 08-06-2019, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Then I have to wonder if I would be leaving something on the table in terms of braking performance if I allowed a bit more dust into the equation.

User Tag List