LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 07-27-2019, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA45 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Weistec tune and supporting mods

I am on 8 days of my new Weistec tune. I’ve installed a PTP Turbo Blanket, Weistec ASV (anti surge valve) and Alpha intake.

In other threads I showed the wide dash screen I’ve installed and I also added aluminum door lock knobs. But that’s not important.

Weistec tune started out with issues, when I picked her up from Mercedes, after having them ship and receive the ecu, my car would go into a sort of turbo limp mode. It had boost and then it would go away. The car would drive normal just under no boost. Mercedes reached out to Weistec and they figured out that there was an error in the code that caused a wastegate actuator issue that didn’t allow the boost to properly feed and the computer would trip an underboost code. Now that it is fixed we are off to the races.

While there still is delay in the turbo, I will tell you that this tune is insane. The car is very, very noticeably faster. I will run a dyno next to see what numbers she really pulls. The low end is extremely fast, the high end has more to be desired. I ran a pull from a dig (dead stop) against a Lamborghini Gallardo and walked him 6 car lengths until about third where he overtook me.

If you guys have any questions you would like answered please let me know. From here I think I’ve actually decided on the FI exhaust and the red lash tune from weistec that they just released as w.2 tune. They claim 455 whp and 515 wtq with this new tune. If someone is looking for the sport amg exhaust I would be happy to sell mine. It only has 3000 miles on it. I’m not quite sure if I will do a downpipe but if I do it will be a catted downpipe so that I have no CEL issues. Happy modding!
F4ST likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-27-2019, 12:38 PM

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA 45 AMG
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
whats the red lash tune?
c

2015 GLA 45 DESIGNO MOUNTAIN GREY MATTE, 19"OZ ULTRALEGGERA HTL, AMS AIR INTAKE,AMS TITANIUM STRUT BAR, GIRO ROTORS, BRONDEX 200 cel DOWN PIPE, AMR PERFORMANCE STG2
post #3 of 16 Old 07-28-2019, 01:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I have the air-filter and the BOV. I was thinking about the turbo upgrade or the ECU flash.

post #4 of 16 Old 07-28-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA45 AMG
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caug View Post
whats the red lash tune?
c
I don’t understand your question?
post #5 of 16 Old 07-29-2019, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Very cool!

I wonder if the Lamborghini owner just had a bad reaction time?

Did you get a 1/4 mile time and a 0-60? I just got DashCommander working, and it includes a timer for that, so I'll be collecting my own unofficial 0-60 with a piggyback module (claim is 435 bhp, but I haven't gotten a dyno yet which I really need to). My tune is different though, the manufacturerer claims not to have messed with the car below 3k or 2k so as not to affect the drive-ability of the car, then extend the power ramp above that. I don't know if that is true, but I hope so, for overall longevity of the vehicle. Anyways, the claim was 0-60 is licking the heels of 4 seconds, which would be just awesome if true.

If I can get off my duff to dyno the car, we should compare the power curves to see what they look like below 3k.

With 26 lb of boost, I don't think there is anything we can do about turbo lag. And it's OK really, the car is not a drag car. Once over 30, the car really builds speed fast!
post #6 of 16 Old 08-15-2019, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Das,
How did the weistec tune affect your gas mileage and how is the car in comfort mode? Is it relatively normal in comfort or still in beast mode??
post #7 of 16 Old 08-18-2019, 02:20 PM

Garage
Always mileage go down when power added.
c

2015 GLA 45 DESIGNO MOUNTAIN GREY MATTE, 19"OZ ULTRALEGGERA HTL, AMS AIR INTAKE,AMS TITANIUM STRUT BAR, GIRO ROTORS, BRONDEX 200 cel DOWN PIPE, AMR PERFORMANCE STG2

Last edited by caug; 08-18-2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: wrong info
post #8 of 16 Old 08-18-2019, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Actually mileage always goes up. Seems counter intuitive, even when explaining it in terms of increasing output efficiency, which is exactly what we are doing. Top Gear even proved this with their race against the M3 and prius on a track.

...Of course, most (all!) of us drive with sufficient leaden foot to ensure we actually use the power gains we implemented, which reduces the fuel efficiency.... 'cause let's be honest, that's the whole point of the upgrade, right?
post #9 of 16 Old 08-19-2019, 12:19 PM

Car Year & Model: 2015GLA45AMG
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Man that is some sweet power! I hope to follow those steps once I make a bigger dent in my payments.

AzSTMPR

15GLA45 of AMG Goodness!
post #10 of 16 Old 08-19-2019, 12:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbitt View Post
Actually mileage always goes up. Seems counter intuitive, even when explaining it in terms of increasing output efficiency, which is exactly what we are doing. Top Gear even proved this with their race against the M3 and prius on a track.

...Of course, most (all!) of us drive with sufficient leaden foot to ensure we actually use the power gains we implemented, which reduces the fuel efficiency.... 'cause let's be honest, that's the whole point of the upgrade, right?
What??? more power more gas you use. mine when down with all the mods i did.
what did you do to make the mpg go up? may be if you don use gas pedal , might go up, but not when you on gas.
prius vs. m3 has nothing to do with this.
C

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page