1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 08-19-2019, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caug View Post
if you don use gas pedal , might go up, but not when you on gas.

C
That's what I said!

Bottom line: if you increase the efficiency at which you make power with the same fuel, you will improve gas mileage for the vehicle at the same power levels generated. that simple
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 08-23-2019, 11:55 PM

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA 45 AMG
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbitt View Post
Actually mileage always goes up. Seems counter intuitive, even when explaining it in terms of increasing output efficiency, which is exactly what we are doing. Top Gear even proved this with their race against the M3 and prius on a track.

...Of course, most (all!) of us drive with sufficient leaden foot to ensure we actually use the power gains we implemented, which reduces the fuel efficiency.... 'cause let's be honest, that's the whole point of the upgrade, right?
Which is exactly why I asked the question b/c I had read that MPG could improve after a tune (lead foot excluded). I know nothing about turbos so this is all new to me. A call to weistec and their sales guy mentioned something about increasing the boost, but I have no idea what else they tinker with.
post #13 of 16 Old 08-24-2019, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
to caug's point, I suspect exactly NONE of us pursue power gain tunes in order to hyper-mile our way above 40 mpg. But, a technicality is a technicality...

post #14 of 16 Old 08-26-2019, 11:37 AM

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA45 AMG
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Alright so is it “safe” to go with the Weistec tune? Unfortunately, I only see bad reviews on their Tuning option. Like the OP stated, his tune had issues, which none of us wants to encounter. Than again we gotta understand, that most people that had a negative experience with Weistec will let us know right away to stay away from them and post negative comments. But for those that their tune is working correctly, and with no issues, they will not say a thing.
So my question is, do you know anyone that had their ECU tuned by Weistec, and is working without any issues.

-TamasLeon
post #15 of 16 Old 08-29-2019, 02:09 PM

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA 45 AMG
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Garage
I would go with eurocharged or Ams performance.
that's my new plan, our 45 turbos have problems with wastegate at higher miles cars like mine @73k miles.
so i ll be getting Pure turbo and will have to reflash, so i ll be going with eurocharhged. They are opening new location on boston, right where i am.
C

2015 GLA 45 DESIGNO MOUNTAIN GREY MATTE, 19"OZ ULTRALEGGERA HTL, AMS AIR INTAKE,AMS TITANIUM STRUT BAR, GIRO ROTORS, BRONDEX 200 cel DOWN PIPE, AMR PERFORMANCE STG2

Last edited by caug; 08-29-2019 at 02:14 PM.
post #16 of 16 Old 09-01-2019, 08:00 AM

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA45 AMG
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caug View Post
I would go with eurocharged or Ams performance.
that's my new plan, our 45 turbos have problems with wastegate at higher miles cars like mine @73k miles.
so i ll be getting Pure turbo and will have to reflash, so i ll be going with eurocharhged. They are opening new location on boston, right where i am.
C
Chug keep us updated about that!

-TamasLeon

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page