New To Forum, question on AMG Ride Control or not - Mercedes GLA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-10-2019, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New To Forum, question on AMG Ride Control or not

I am looking at purchasing a new AMG GLA45, High on my list was the AMG Ride control with Race mode option. One of the vehicles I am looking at does not have it but I was told that the suspension still tightens up when placed in Sport or Sport+ mode. Additionally, I was looking through part lists to determine what was different between non-ride control and GLA45s with ride control.

Has anyone figured out how to add the ride control? Looks like you would possibly need: updated software, button for dash, wire harness? struts or stut bumpers? (benzparts.com/v-2018-mercedes-benz-gla45-amg--4matic--2-0l-l4-gas/front-suspension--struts-and-components)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-10-2019, 10:46 PM

Car Year & Model: 2018 GLA 45
There are 2 options to get the adaptive dampers. Either just order the AMG RIDE Control ($850) which will then adjust the suspension according to the dynamic select modes (plus also includes button on dashboard to force stiffer suspension) but note: this option doesn't come with Race mode.

If you want race mode then you need the full Dynamic Plus package ($2800) which includes the ride control above but adds the front LSD, Race mode and removes the speed limiter.

Retrofitting the adaptive dampers to an existing vehicle would be expensive... it's a nice option but subjectively, not worth all that effort...
post #3 of 3 Old 06-10-2019, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I am looking at the 2018 model. If you order the AMG ride control it comes with race mode. The dynamic package added the LSD up front plus ride control button and race mode. The vehicle I am looking at doesn't have it. I have read about Mercedes screwing up orders before with parking assist package on other models and people doing a retro fit of parts with software updates. Wondering if anyone has done this. If not do you have pictures of your strut tops to show some sort of wire connection for the ability to change setting via a button push. Looks like the factory struts are the same for the front (could be wrong) with adjust made to the strut bumper.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page