LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 Old 06-09-2019, 06:09 PM

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA45 AMG 24k miles
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamabart View Post
Hard to explain but if the piece on the sides was larger, matching the oem hatch then black would be an intesresting option. The way it is, other than white makes it look less integrated.the pic below also illustrates the caulk used to fill the curvature gap. At times I really wondered if this was ever meant for a 45 amg.

The only other thing I have done is a radar detector mount under the rear view mirror otherwise she is stock. Fun DD! The 45 amg to me is MB version of a WRX STI or EVO. Grown up version.

Agree, and I'd be in the "like" camp as well, it's a pretty chill wing, I"ve seen some crazy wings on hatches, and I'm totally in the "I don't want to be noticed, or Grown up go fast" camp with no wing either and Gray AMG calipers. You'll notice me when you are totally surprised by how you got left in the dust!!!

I think the only mod I plan to try is related to constrictive air intake and going with an AMS filter and modified intake, which you won't see, though it is supposed to change the sound of the turbo spool up which you can't even hear stock.

heavily modified 1995 Ford Bronco. SOLD to friend, to move to GLA 45.
Fun car for wife and I, 2009 Pontiac Solstice Coupe, #492 of 1266 made. 2.0T with 290HP/325 lb/ft.
Wife's DD is a 2019 Volvo XC40 Rtype.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 09-09-2019, 05:15 PM

Car Year & Model: 2019 GLA250 AMG Pkg
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey52 View Post
Just curious but is there a post-delivery wing removal that's not too intrusive and with good end results (similar more stealthy intent)? I presume holes to be grommeted, and/or just tape removal? Will the dealer remove it? Thanks.
If it's the factory wing with 2 center posts and returning back to car on each end - there is a different factory duck bill spoiler that has the mounting brackets for those 4 points already attached - then the 2ndary spoiler mounts on top

It can be removed from duckbill with 2 bolts per side once the end covers are removed and levering center posts off brackets.

But the brackets will remain and look out of place. The brackets prolly can be removed but then you will have 3 holes per center post bracket and like 4 per end bracket that will show

Cleanest way would be to buy the standard duckbill for without spoiler. They do sell them pre painted in some colors for around $635, but must come from Germany

I just went thru adding this spoiler to our 19 gla250 for a unique look. New duckbill for spoiler was $1300 pre painted night black from Keenan. Top spoiler was another grand

The gla45 parts were interchangeable on the gla250
Huey52 likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page