Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

Left Lane: GLA 45 REview

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  nightscar 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Strangely enough, Left Lane has done yet another review of the GLA 45 AMG. The main point in this review is that the GLA 45 AMG is a good car in many respects with some flaws, but the biggest issue is its lofty price tag.

The Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG boasts an exciting drivetrain, but that's not enough to justify its other shortcomings at this lofty price point.

Read more: Review: 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG | New and Used Car Reviews, Research & Automotive-Industry News & LeftLaneNews
Review: 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG | New and Used Car Reviews, Research & Automotive-Industry News & LeftLaneNews

#4 ·
I read the article last week and got me thinking that several statements seems a bit ridiculous like...

For that kind of money you could buy many different cars and SUVs with varying levels of luxury and performance, including the Range Rover Sport, BMW M3, Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and the Lexus RC F.

Range Rover Sport, M3, RC F and Cayenne aren't in the same class, if I want a RR Sport and Cayenne, I'd shop the ML. If I want an M3 or RC F, i'd shop the C63 (sedan/coupe). Even the Jeep GC SRT, no way it is even more luxurious. If I want pure speed with none of the utility by suggesting a 200mph Charger then I'd shop the Mustang GT350, Camaro ZL1 or even the Corvette Stingray. Those American cars are great for power to price ratio, nothing could really touch them so if we are going to play this game of not shopping the vehicle within i'ts class, then we would all be driving one of those cars I just listed and nothing else.

It also isn't fair for the price he is arguing about because the GLA45 is optioned out by $15k and the other alternatives the reviewers posted starts at that range, about $15k over the GLA45s starting price. Load up those competition and they'd be $10k-$20k more than the loaded GLA45 they tested.

He also mentioned what is wrong with the Golf R if we want a 4wd fast hatch? Well you lose the luxury MB provides and it is about a second slower 0-60 (I know this hardly matters in the real world but if the reviewer is going to over generalize then I am going to nitpick).

This isn't sour grapes even though it may sound like it because I have been critical and harsh on the GLA45 myself (lack of standard options, bad tranny, etc...). I'd understand it more if it only put it up against it's actual competition (or closest competition) like others have but to just suggest any car in it's price range like nothing else matters but performance is just ridiculous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.