post #1 of 3 Old 11-26-2019, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA 250, Toyota Corolla
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
GLA FWD in the Snow

Anyone driven in the snow in their FWD GLA? I use to have those snowjackets/wraps for the tires on my C230, but on the GLA I don't know what is available. I read somewhere chains are a no for the GLA.

I suppose its depends on the amount of snow. Just thinking of taking a trip to Sunrise Park Ski Resort, Arizona.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited by firstdown80; 11-26-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-28-2019, 08:44 PM

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA 200cdi, aut. 4-tronic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've had my 2015 200cdi 4-matic aut. only for 4-5 weeks, but driving it on stud-free wintertires. (Wintertires is something we have to do by law at wintertime here in Norway). Not so much snowy roads yet, but quite a lot on slippery ice. I've only had one car that can match the GLAs 4-matic on these conditions, thats my old car Subaru Legacy. The drive feel, and security you feel in GLA on those conditions are just superb. Here by us noone use chains or other ad-ons on the tires, other than the largest trucks on steep mountain roads. Some of us do keep a spray box with tire-'glue' for tire-treatment in case the goin gets really tough. With 4wd the winter-tires with/without studs are enough 99,9% of the time. Of course, when spring arrives, we do turn to summer-tires.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-29-2019, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Not quite to your question since the 45 is AWD but when we got diverted from the Grapevine (5 south into LA) one New Year's Eve and found ourselves crossing mountains into the Mojave we still had quite a snowstorm with 6" on top of ice. We had the summer performance tires on and I was not able to break the tires loose. I suspect Sport mode would have allowed some fun but we were surrounded with traffic. The stability control in these vehicles is pretty amazing.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page