Headlight Assembly Upgrade? - Mercedes GLA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Headlight Assembly Upgrade?

Hi everyone. I have what I believe is a basic 2015 GLA 4matic, I’ve seen other GLA with sharp LED day lights running. Mine look like 1999 Bulbs.

Is a headlight assembly upgrade possible?

I see the assembly online. The seller says it’s only for the Halogen models. How can I tell?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Welcome to the GLA forum. You don't mention which GLA derivative you have, other than 4matic. Our international forum members drive a variety of GLA models. For reference in future posts it helps to add general location, model and year to your member profile, which then displays under your name each time you post. You can do that from the User CP link on the upper right of most browsers.

I typed "daytime running lights" in our Search box, also on the upper right of most browsers, and got a number of post references that might answer your query. GLA lighting, both interior and exterior, is a common topic on this forum. However, not all GLAs are created equal, with many different configurations depending on location or region where purchased.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights

Last edited by turbolink; Today at 01:34 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 06:31 AM

Car Year & Model: 2018 GLA 250 AWD and FWD (yes, 2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My wife insisted on LED headlights to the point that we shopped a dealership well out of our area to get them (even in early 2018!; Benz a bit slow with this technology on the GLA), so I can certainly empathize with your desire to upgrade. I would think there would be an upgrade path available as typically headlights are now an assembly that more or less plugs and plays. Your local dealership parts department should be able to look up your VIN and further advise. In addition to the clearly [pun intended] superior lighting they should last the life of the vehicle so well worth the upgrade.

2018 GLA 250 AWD in MA and FWD in FL

User Tag List