Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

Mercedes Me App barely works

8K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  alexcherven 
#1 ·
Yes, there have been plenty of posts about it, but is it just me (no pun) or does the app barely work? I am using it on my Iphone and now, every time I open it, I have to scroll all the way down to click accept the TOS agreement, then completely re enter my info and relog in. Even though I have "Keep Me Logged In" checked. I never uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same. And even then, the app only works half the time.

Why is it a company whose average car costs well into the 70k range, can't make an app that works reliably, while my other car - a 1 year new Hyundai Tuscon, has an app that works 100% of the time, and doesn't have the stupidest restriction of having to have at least 6 gallons of gas in the tank to have the remote start work? 6 gallons of had to run for a maximum of 10 minutes??????

#4 ·
Yes, i am constantly updating this stupid app. it will NOT work unless you have the latest version, AND it constantly logs me out and forces me to log in. Who remembers their passwords for stupid apps like this? I use the app so rarely, then when i do need to use it, i become so frusturated at the process i need to go through to get the **** thing to work.

They need to outsource this app to a shop that can make a regular consumer grade product.

#5 ·
Mercedes Me DOWN AGAIN. Why is it every time i want to use it, it's DOWN?
I tried calling to complain, but none of the extensions were answering.. I guess Mercedes just does not work on weekends....

Even when it does work, WHY DO I NEED MORE THAN 5 GALLONS OF GAS IN MY CAR for a remote start?

It only runs for 10 minutes........

Why is this thing such a turd?

#6 ·
l gave up after getting the run around for several weeks---not worth my time--especially since Mercedes is a vehicle that doesn't require getting warmed up! It just gets up and goes!! And I love it!!! After the run around drama --I deleted the Mercedes me app from my phone!!

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Absolute POS - it works about half the time and if you call them, all they want to do is up-sell you to a higher level of cr@p

What I don't understand is why the lock seems to work 100% of the time. Unlocking, about 80% (keep your physical emergency key ready to unlock if you need it) and starting about 60%. When I called to complain they simply had me reinstall. No effect, the success rate is about the same.

Also:
- There's no capability to roll down windows or to turn on seat heaters.

- If there's less than 5 gallons in the tank, there's no hope of starting it for what is simply a ten minute idle.

- You can't control how long you want it to run and you cannot do multiple starts on extra cold days to warm things up.

Whoever thought of this should be fired. It would be better to simply offer something like this:

https://www.midcityengineering.com/product/smartkey-starter-sksng166d4/

as a $700 dealer-installed option.

#8 ·
2016 Remote Start

Hey guys, here's a gripe I have with the app. My GLA is a 2016, which was originally was supposed to support remote start but for whatever reason did not come out until 2017. This annoyance aside, I CAN remote start my car with my Amazon Alexa. It works just fine, and even the Mercedes Me app recognizes that the car was started successfully in the activity feed. I just cannot start it via the app; there's no button to press. I even called Mercedes customer support to voice my concern and they were unaware that customers could do this and would relay the info to their technical team to investigate adding the feature for 2016 owners. Whether there is truth to them adding the software or not, if anyone else has a 2016 I encourage you to call customer support and tell them that the 2016 cars CAN remote start!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.