Convertible Child Car Seat - Mercedes GLA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-06-2019, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Convertible Child Car Seat

Trying to figure out the best convertible car seat for my 2015 GLA250. I bought a Diono 3RXT and it is way too big - no room in the front seat and child is not reclined enough - even with the adjuster. Am I just installing incorrectly or is there a better seat out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-08-2019, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Welcome to the GLA forum. Sorry nobody has ventured any answers yet, but to my recollection this is the first time this issue has come up. I did a search of our archives and found no other threads. Very likely one limitation is some of us might have problems visualizing the issues you describe. If you are able to post photos, could you please show us what is happening or give us more information, perhaps a website for the child seat you are using?

There’s a section in my 2016 printed operators manual addressing child seat tie-down, likely similar to what might be in the 2015 edition, but it doesn’t seem very clear nor intuitive. If you bought from a Mercedes dealer, perhaps they could assist in proper installation. Please let us know how this works out, it’s a first for our forum.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights

Last edited by turbolink; 06-08-2019 at 12:32 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-13-2019, 11:34 PM

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some Ideas

Best thing you can do is take the car to a local baby store that has NTSHA certified installers or buybuy Baby and ask if anyone is NTSHA certified. They will allow you to bring car seats with the installer to your car and try our the various brands. Do not let anyone lead you to believe that one car seat is better than the other, all car seats are tested to the same standards. Some may have nicer fabrication or some convince features, they are all tested to the same crash standard. Anyone who is speaking truthfully about car seats will tell you the best one is the one that fits your car and child the best.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-14-2019, 02:44 PM

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA45
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Every passenger and child have different needs. My kid is riding in a Britax Marathon backfacing now front facing with not a lot of front sacrifice. Never had an issue with seat angles.

*i have the AMG performance seats which are 1-2 inch thinner than stock seats.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page