My Lease is Up! Any 2019 Owners around here to answer somer questions? - Mercedes GLA Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bbeelzebub

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 05-14-2019, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
My Lease is Up! Any 2019 Owners around here to answer somer questions?

So, my lease is up on my 2016 GLA. I've loved it. There were a few quirks that annoyed me, but nothing serious. First car I've had in my entire life that I didn't hate and want to get rid of after two or three years. That being said.. it's time for something new!

I've noticed its hard to find a 2019 in any colors other than black, white or red. (SoCal Area). Also, nobody is ordering them with the multimedia package and the upgraded sound is no longer. :-(

I'm debating between getting a GLC 300 with the upgraded sound system or another GLA.

Can you live without the Command Infotainment/Navigation? I'm wondering if Mercedes got CarPlay to work better now.... (I've had a couple rentals where it worked flawless on Nissan and Hyundai, but oddly there are quirks on Mercedes.)

Anybody have a 2015 or 2016 and then get a 2019? I'm curious about the comparisons and if the 2019 is just as good or if you feel like something is "missing". Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-14-2019, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Many of our original GLA owners have been undergoing lease terminations or renewals since 2018. Here is one active forum member who recently went through the MY 2016-to-2019 lease upgrade:

https://www.glaowners.com/forum/intr...ew-gla-sc.html

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights
post #3 of 10 Old 05-14-2019, 09:27 PM

Car Year & Model: 2019 GLA250
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Garage
Two months ago returned my2016 250 for 2019 250. Did not have Command on 2016 or on 2019. I do have Carplay but do not use it. For maps use prewired Garmin map Polit. Bought SD card on Ebay and used Mercedes-Benz Download Manager and updated the firmware and the maps for less than $100 vs paying MB $600. 2016 did have the upgraded sound system and 2019 does not. Yes, there is a difference but something I can live with and like the added space in the wheel well storage better, Do not find any difference is every day driving and use between 2016 and 2019. 2019 does have Park Assist that gives me the 360 views that I do like have not used the actual parking yet so I can not comment on it.

Have you asked a dealer to locate a GLA that meets your specs? That is how I found mine.

Bottom line I would do it again.

2019 GLA250 Black/Black replaced 2016 GLA250 Black/Black
Second car 2007 SLK350 Black/Black

post #4 of 10 Old 05-15-2019, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the info!

Yes, I have asked my dealer to see if they can find one with the specs I want. Most of the dealers are bypassing the multimedia package though because customers aren't responding to it as much and are happy with CarPlay. He will continue to look and see if one pops up nearby. They are confident they may be able to locate a grey one for me though and that is my first color of choice. I really was concerned with the potential downgrade in sound quality. I really did like the upgraded sound system even if it wasn't the best.

My dad works for a huge auto conglomerate that owns dealerships across the country, so I have a special dealership in Santa Monica that I work with (I get my cars with a family discount that is actually below invoice, so I save a pretty penny.) They were telling me today (which I was also told by another local dealer) that its near impossible to find any with the multimedia package. Dealers just aren't ordering them on certain models (and the time to special order would put me out without a car for a while)... but to be honest, maybe I can live without it. I do use my phones mapping app more than command now days anyhow. The dealer was telling me that CarPlay works a lot smoother on the new models, so that may be reassuring as well. (My dad runs a Lexus dealership [its too bad I don't care for Lexus] and they have been phasing out built in nav on the cars they are getting in as well. He said customers just don't want to pay for it with smartphones doing as good of a job now days.)

I got pricing today for a 2019 GLA AWD and a 2019 GLC with Burmester. The payment difference is 150 bucks for the same lease term with 20k miles a year... Part of me says, its worth it. Part of me says, "You don't need it!" It is really coming down to that darn sound system. I think I may have to take a trip to the Mercedes dealership this weekend or next week and take a listen to the stereos and compare. They definitely both have their charms.

Last edited by bbeelzebub; 05-15-2019 at 04:29 AM.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-15-2019, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
You know... I was just doing a search on the Mercedes website and did a custom build and then it matched me with local cars in the area.... The Harman/Kardon sound system IS available in the 2019. Another dealer in the area has a grey one with it! (No MM Package, but ho hum.... Maybe I can do okay with carplay and the smaller screen.)

Still, this changes everything. Goodbye GLC and hello again GLA! Its 5 grand cheaper and AWD <3 . That should translate to a tiny bit of insurance savings and a 100 dollar lower lease payment. Yes, yes, yes! Maybe I can convince them to give me a rim swap and I'll go sign the lease this weekend.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-15-2019, 07:52 AM

Car Year & Model: 2018 GLA 250 AWD and FWD (yes, 2)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Our dealer gave us a free rim swap, although I suspect the same-size wheels we wanted [all silver] were actually less expensive than the factory provided [gunmetal-black].

All the best with your new '19 GLA !

2018 GLA 250 AWD in MA and FWD in FL
post #7 of 10 Old 05-15-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks! I didn't even bother asking for the rim swap. I possibly still could, but because I get the car 2,500 under invoice (not MSRP), I try and be fair and not seem like a mooch! My dad's company does it as a family discount for employees and their families.

Anyhow, I made a deal on my car just now.

2019, grey, harmon sound, upgraded lighting, illuminated logo, premium, convenience, etc. etc. etc. It appears not being able to find the multimedia package may have been a blessing as my payment would have gone up some more. Still, I'm ecstatic to have grey! I hope to pick it up on Tuesday! I have to do the 20,000 mile leases because I usually drive a lot. In three years, maybe I'll be ready to go up to the GLC.... but as long as the GLA keeps being fun to drive and ever so sporty, I have no reason to yet!
No4hitter likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-16-2019, 08:35 PM

Car Year & Model: 2014 GLA250 4matic
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats on your find - so exciting!
post #9 of 10 Old 05-27-2019, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New GLA, 1st Mercedes

Just got mine yesterday (designo mountain gray matte). I have the Harman Kardon, sunroof, and the 4matic (which I really don't need). Very limited choice if you want the goodies- across US and in production. Sound and sunroof were deal makers (or breakers).
I thought i'd miss the multimedia package, but have found Waze and works beautifully, so not missing the nav at all.
Sound on phone/media is AMAZING!
My mom had a diesel Mercedes wagon back in the 80's and she LOVED that car! Had to wait until now to get mine!

Last edited by Darilee Van Pelt; 05-27-2019 at 07:49 PM.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-28-2019, 09:00 AM

Car Year & Model: 2019 GLA250
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Garage
If you do not have command but audio 20 it is prewired for Navi. You can buy a Mercedes Map Pilot SD card on eBay that has the maps and firmware for the Navi to work. Then download the Mercedes Download Manager program to your PC and then update the SD card to the latest versions of firmware and maps.

2019 GLA250 Black/Black replaced 2016 GLA250 Black/Black
Second car 2007 SLK350 Black/Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page